What Cup Size Will I Be with 440 Cc Implants and a Small Lift. I'm Now a 34 A Bra Size.

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Difficult to predict cup size soley based on implant volume

+1

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to predict cup size based soley on implant volume and it is impossible to predict with no photos, no breast measurements, and no examination. Your best bet is to be sized at your plastic surgeon's office and pick the implant you like and your surgeon agrees. 

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Impossible to predict cup size.

+1

Since there is no standard measurement that defines a cup size, predicting future cup size following augmentation is not possible. A "C" cup from one manufacturer may be a "D" cup from another. However, if you are starting from a 34A, 440cc implants will be a significant increase in your size.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What cup size will a 440cc breast implant result in?

+1

Without any photos, parameters and an examination, it is impossible to precisely guess what cup size a 440cc implant will give you. This is essentially the question asked backwards. That is, you would be better served by finding out what size and profile implant would give you the appearance that you are seeking. So - go see one or more reputable board certified plastic surgeons.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

What cup size, I have no idea

+1

Now I know that sounds strange coming from a plastic surgeon, but it depends on many factors.  What is your base diameter, how tall are you, how much do you weigh, how much drooping is there?  These are questions you should have answers to before proceeding.  Is the implant size something you decided on or was this made with your plastic surgeons input.

All too often friends will tell patients what size they need without knowing anything other than the size they have.  Ask your doctor to see patients of similar size and shape to you and see how they look pre and post op before deciding.  I use an Axis 3D image system which helps me and the patient but there are quite a few different ways to go about it.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What cup size is a 440 cc implant?

+1

This is the most common question in all of plastic surgery. There are numerous factors that contribute to this and especially with the addition of the lift, it is impossible to know. Have a discussion with your surgeon and realize that this will only be an educated guess. Your cup size will be significantly different if you are 5' tall or 5'10".  

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Implant Volume and Cup Size Don't Match

+1

Implant volume does not give a final cup size. That is determined by the total of your rib shape, volume of breast tissue and thickness of muscle. Tell your doctor what type of look you want and let him worry about how to make it happen. He's the professsional.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Cup size is a best guess, though a D will be close

+1

It is very hard to determine a cup size from any given imlant size and it is only an educated guess. We will bet on the D-cup after your augmentation.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

What bra size will 440 cc implants be?

+1

One rough rule is that for every 200cc of implant volume will increase you one full cup size.  So 440cc implants may equate to a cup size of a full C for you.  The caveat is that a lot of factors go into the ultimate implant size selection for you.  That is why an experienced plastic surgeon can factor in all these variables to ultimately get you the size you desire.  

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon