What Cup Size Will I Be with 440 Cc Implants and a Small Lift. I'm Now a 34 A Bra Size.

What cup size will I be with 440cc implants and a small lift? I'm now a 34A bra size.

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Difficult to predict cup size soley based on implant volume

+1

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to predict cup size based soley on implant volume and it is impossible to predict with no photos, no breast measurements, and no examination. Your best bet is to be sized at your plastic surgeon's office and pick the implant you like and your surgeon agrees. 

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Impossible to predict cup size.

+1

Since there is no standard measurement that defines a cup size, predicting future cup size following augmentation is not possible. A "C" cup from one manufacturer may be a "D" cup from another. However, if you are starting from a 34A, 440cc implants will be a significant increase in your size.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What cup size will a 440cc breast implant result in?

+1

Without any photos, parameters and an examination, it is impossible to precisely guess what cup size a 440cc implant will give you. This is essentially the question asked backwards. That is, you would be better served by finding out what size and profile implant would give you the appearance that you are seeking. So - go see one or more reputable board certified plastic surgeons.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

What cup size, I have no idea

+1

Now I know that sounds strange coming from a plastic surgeon, but it depends on many factors.  What is your base diameter, how tall are you, how much do you weigh, how much drooping is there?  These are questions you should have answers to before proceeding.  Is the implant size something you decided on or was this made with your plastic surgeons input.

All too often friends will tell patients what size they need without knowing anything other than the size they have.  Ask your doctor to see patients of similar size and shape to you and see how they look pre and post op before deciding.  I use an Axis 3D image system which helps me and the patient but there are quite a few different ways to go about it.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What cup size is a 440 cc implant?

+1

This is the most common question in all of plastic surgery. There are numerous factors that contribute to this and especially with the addition of the lift, it is impossible to know. Have a discussion with your surgeon and realize that this will only be an educated guess. Your cup size will be significantly different if you are 5' tall or 5'10".  

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Implant Volume and Cup Size Don't Match

+1

Implant volume does not give a final cup size. That is determined by the total of your rib shape, volume of breast tissue and thickness of muscle. Tell your doctor what type of look you want and let him worry about how to make it happen. He's the professsional.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Cup size is a best guess, though a D will be close

+1

It is very hard to determine a cup size from any given imlant size and it is only an educated guess. We will bet on the D-cup after your augmentation.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com