Mommy Makeover Price

What is the Price of a Mommy Makeover?

What is the cost of a mommy makeover?

+7
The cost of a mommy makeover will not only vary from surgeon to surgeon, but from patient to patient. No plastic surgery procedure should be a "cookie cutter" procedure and a mommy makeover has a significant number of variables. Generally, a mommy makeover is for women, who, after having having children find themselves with areas of the abdomen or breasts that they would like to have improved. For some women this may mean a tummy tuck and small breast implants. For other women, this might mean a full tummy tuck, breast implants, a breast lift and liposuction.

With a mommy makeover, it is imperative to select your surgeon very carefully. Look at many, many photos of results, but also look carefully at the training and education of a surgeon you are considering. This is a big procedure and safety is extremely important.  The most important thing you can do in repairing for your mommy makeover is selecting the right surgeon. Look for a plastic surgeon who trained at top tier medical school, graduated at the top of his or her class and went on for more intensive training at top notch university medical centers. 

After checking a surgeon’s background, training and experience look at before and after photos. Scars around the belly button are a dead giveaway of a tummy tuck. There should NOT be visible scars around the belly button. Fullness in the upper abdomen is a result that would not be the ideal for most patients. Plastic surgeons who are unable to create natural looking belly buttons, or who rush through surgery without addressing upper abdominal fullness may charge lower prices than plastic surgeons who have the training, ability and interest in providing the very best possible result.  

Breast augmentation should be in proportion with the rest of the body and breasts should be placed in such a way that the result looks and feels natural. Even appropriately sized breast implants can look unnatural is they are too high on the chest wall, too far apart or too close together.   

If you are concerned about a recovery, discuss your concerns with your surgeon. You could stage the procedure if that is your preference,. The biggest savings is in taking less time off work for women who wrk outside the home. Most surgeons will offer a reduced fee for secondary proceeders as a way to show patient appreciation and also as a means for not making patients feel pressured into more surgery than they feel comfortable undergoing at one time.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How much does a Mommy Makeover cost?

+3

Hi there-

the costs of this procedure will depend greatly on the details of your particular operation, but can range in my practice from $8000 to $15000. Please understand that making decisions based on costs is not in your best interests however. Frequently I see patients in my office who made poor choices based on financial benefit- in almost all cases, I am only able to offer an incomplete correction of the poor outcome that resulted... their desire to save money has robbed them of any opportunity they may have had to achieve the appearance they dreamed of. Please read the following article I wrote on this topic:

By far the most common question I am asked is the question of cost. Especially in today's world, this is obviously an important consideration, but the implication in most of these inquiries is that the person asking the question is not interested in anything else, unless his or her sense of having found a great price is satisfied.

This is very disturbing, on many levels. Whether it be a lawyer, an architect, or an engineer, you would expect to pay a bit more for a professional with a top-notch education, excellent training, and lots of experience who does quality work and has a reputation for treating people fairly. You would also think that most people understand that insisting on these qualities in a plastic surgeon is particularly important, considering that you will be putting your health and safety (to say nothing of your sense of beauty and personal satisfaction) in their hands.

Of course it is hard to blame the public, bombarded as we are by the constant media message that you can have it (!) and cheap!!

It is axiomatic that you generally get what you pay for in life, and also that if you search hard enough for something (like a bargain price) you will generally find it.

I guess my message to people interested in plastic surgery is that you should be searching for lots of things (price being just one of them--and not the most important one).

So, all that being said, how would a person best be able to cut through all the marketing mumbo jumbo and find the surgeon most likely to help them achieve their satisfaction?

What we're really trying to get to the bottom of is, how do you maximize your chances of getting the outcome you want, with safety, and a comfortable and pleasant experience?

First of all, it is important to understand that while your chosen surgeon is probably the most important factor in achieving the above, there are other important considerations as well.

Find a surgeon you really like FIRST. Too many patients search for a price they like, or for a surgeon who is willing to do a certain procedure on them (whether it is really in their best interests or not). First and foremost, you should be looking for a quality education, top-notch training in plastic surgery, with board certification BY THE AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY (there are many "boards", but only certification by The American Board of Plastic Surgery ensures that the surgeon has undergone the years of plastic surgery specific training and examination you want). Provided the surgeon has these qualifications, it is important that you like them and feel you can get along well with them--you are, after all, entering into an important relationship.

If these two criteria are satisfied, it's time to evaluate his/her work and expertise... ask to see examples of his/her work, and maybe even to talk to some former patients. They will be best able to tell you what it was like to be cared for by this surgeon. Whatever you do, remember that quality professional treatment (whether by a plastic surgeon, an architect, or any other professional) will carry a price appropriate for the surgeon's level of training and expertise.

Once you have found a surgeon you like, it is important to know about THE FACILITY, and who will be providing your ANESTHESIA. Having a great surgeon won't matter if the facility is less than safe, or if your anesthesia provider is under-qualified or suspect. Most good surgeons make sure the facilities and anesthesia providers they use are reputable, but this is not always the case, particularly as surgeons have scrambled (like everyone else) to save money in these more difficult times. It is very important that the facility is certified by either the JCAHO or AAAASF. These regulatory bodies inspect facilities for safety and cleanliness, as well as verifying the training of the personnel involved in your care.

Your anesthesia provider can be a qualified nurse anesthetist, or an anesthesiologist (a doctor of anesthesia). My personal opinion is that the additional cost of having an anesthesiologist present and managing your care is more than worth it.

So there it is--research the surgeon, the facility, the anesthesiologist, and get a feel for the surgeon's work and manner with his/her patients. You'll be glad you went to all this trouble in the long run!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Price

+2

There are many combinations of procedures that are used in the mommy make over. These procedures will vary incomplexity and therefore in cost. The average cost ranges from $13,500-$15,000.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Cost of Mommy Makeover

+1
The cost of a mommy makeover varies by surgeon, geographic location and the procedures that you are interested in. In my Tampa Bay practice, a mommy makeover may include: breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction and C-section scar revision. The cost will vary depending on what you decide to do and can range in price from $8,000 to $16,000. Do not base your decision on price alone. While some surgeons may be more costly than others, it is important that you choose a double board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Costs of Surgery

+1
Thank you for your post.
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
6. Add on surgeries are usually discounted, as in a mommy makeover.
7. Insurance. If an insurance based surgery, such as a hernia repair is done at the same time, the tummy tuck may be discounted.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Price

+1
Thank you for the question! The mommy makeover cost will vary from surgeon to surgeon. It will also vary from patient to patient. For example, the time it will take me to complete a mommy makeover will be greater depending on the amount of liposuction and whether a breast lift is needed or not. Time is very expensive in the operating room with the cost of anesthesia, personnel, support staff, and safety measures. I would recommend obtaining an in-person consultation with several board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Then factor in the cost with your feeling about the surgeon and understanding of the operative plan. Then select your surgeon. Never sacrifice safety or surgical expertise to save money. Best of luck.

--Dr. Mussman

Jason Mussman, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Price

+1
A "Mommy Makeover" can be a combination of surgical procedures, therefore prices will vary. Average costs will range from $7000-$15,000 depending on the procedures you choose to have done.

Patricia Yugueros, MD

Mommy Makeover Price

+1
Hello and thank you for your question. A Mommy Makeover can vary in price depending on the region of the country in which you live, what breast procedure(s) you require and if you wish to add additional contouring like liposuction, as well as on the credentials and expertise of the surgeon performing the procedure.  I understand being price conscious, but do remember that this is your body and your health we are talking about. I recommend consulting with several board certified plastic surgeons and comparing their price quotes.

Steven Vath, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Cost

+1
The price of a Mommy Makeover in our practice varies on the procedures chosen.  An example would be a full tummy tuck with a breast augmentation would start at $13,000.  Another example would be a full tummy tuck with a breast augmentation and breast lift would start at $16,000.  

Mommy Makover pricing can be patient dependent and procedure dependent. 

Alan N. Larsen, MD

Mommy Makeover Price?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. Costs for a mommy makeover will certainly vary depending amongst surgeons as well as on your geographic location. Things to factor in from the surgical standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction, implants, surgical garment, addition of other surgical procedures, etc.).  A range in price ~$9000-17000 is not unreasonable. $10-12K would be a reasonable cost on average.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result for you. Good luck and best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD