How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?

How much does a mommy makeover cost? Please tell me the difference in mommy makeover prices for breast lift with augmentation and breast lift without augmentation.

Mommy Makeover Cost - Safety Considerations and Results will Influence Price

A Mommy Makeover, like all other surgies will have a wide range of prices depending on your doctors level of expertise, training, surgical facilities, and the results they provide. A link to my mommy makeover gallery is below. Please also look at seperate breast augmnetation and breast lift images as these can be part of a mommy makeover.
The cost of a Mommy Makeover depends on what the mommy makeover will consist of.  No two women are exactly alike, therefore, the procedures administered and the cost will be different depending on the woman.  Some plastic surgeons define a breast augmentation and lift (augmentation mastopexy) plus a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) as a mommy makeover. But, in my practice, each woman has a different idea of what it means to get her pre-baby body back and that is very individualized. Therefore, the price has a significant range. 
A Mommy Makeover surgery is a very significant surgery. In my practice, I have my mommy makeover patients stay in our facility overnight with two RN's providing overnight care to be sure my patients feel as comfortable as possible and to provide peace of mind for patients and their families.  It is essential to feel safe and comfortable with your choice of surgeon, surgical team and surgicla facility prior to scheduling a mommy makeover. 

The following are a few things that can distinguish some surgeons from others

1) Graduating from a top tier medical school at the top of their class.

2) Membership in Alpha Omega Alpha. THis is the medical honors society. Alpha Omega Alpha is to medicine what Phi Beta Kappa is to letters

3) Formal surgical training from prestigious medical universities. The minimum number of years of surgical training for plastic surgeons to be bord certified in five years. Some physicians have as many as ten years of formal surgical training. There simply is no substitute for stelar academic and practical surgical training.

4) Very experienced surgeons with meticulous surgical technique and natural looking outcomes will have photgraphic evidence of their work. Patients should be able to view many photos of the surgery of interest, photgraphed from three different perspectives all with similar lighting, distance from the camera and cropping

The elite experience extends beyond the surgeon to the facility, and the surgical team. You should be able to see the surgical theater and know who else will be in the OR with you during surgery. The Joint Commission (JCAHO) is an organization that provides certification to hospital OR's. The Joint Commission and AAAASF are two of the organizations that can provide certification to surgical suites. Some plastic surgeons elect to have their surgery centers dually certified.

The anesthesia experience is critical to a safe and comfortable surgical experience. A board certified anesthesiologist can administer general or MAC anesthesia. My preference is to have a board-certified anesthesiologist at the bedside of my patients for the duration of surgery.

Plastic surgeons who cater to high profile individuals who place a high value on privacy will have a private first floor entrance and exit so patients never need to be in a public lobby or elevator for pre-operative or post operative visits.

Breast Lift and Augmentation (Augmentation Mastopexy) may be an ideal option for many moms
An increasingly attractive and popular option for breast enhancement, particularly in women who have been through pregnancy and lactation, is the combination of a vertical mastopexy (breast lift) with breast augmentation. This is the ideal breast surgery procedure for women seeking breast enhancement who have experienced breast volume 'deflation' following pregnancy and lactation (and for those with 'deflated' appearing breasts who have never been pregnant), and who have the desire for a fuller breast profile.
 For many women, a tummy tuck alone can be defined as a mommy makeover.
Many moms that I see for tummy tucks are very fit and in good physical condition, but despite efforts to 'slim down' through diet and exercise, the middle third of their body just doesn't match their more slender upper and lower thirds. As with all aesthetic surgeries, I attempt to restore a sense of harmony and balance to a patients figure when I perform an abdominoplasty.
A tummy tuck is designed to accomplish two things:
Remove excess abdominal skin and fat
Tighten and flatten the abdominal wall muscles
The surgery is performed through a 'bikini-line incision' which, for a full tummy tuck, may extend from hipbone to hipbone. For patients that need only a 'mini-tummy tuck', the incision is usually somewhat smaller, extending just beyond the limits of the average C-section scar. The suprapubic incisions used for this operation are designed so that the resulting surgical scar is hidden by underwear or a bathing suit.
A full abdominoplasty requires the surgical creation of a new belly button. Creating the new belly button, which is called an umbilicoplasty, is a part of tummy tuck surgery that requires a great deal of attention and finesse on the part of the surgeon. My goal is to create a new belly button that, as much as possible, resembles a 'natural' belly button. Natural belly buttons do NOT look like a perfect circle, and circular umbilicoplasty scars are a tummy tuck dead giveaway.
My suggestion is to seek out plastic surgeons  referred by friends, family or medical professionals, do research online and then have a consultation with a few to determine who has an understanding of what you are hoping to acheive with experience doing just that. Most practices will be able to provide many before and after photographs and patients you can speak to about their surgical experience.  Never jump into surgery with haste. Take your time and think about what is really important to you and NEVER be pressured by practices enciuraging you to schedule surgery quickly, especially if there are specials or perks for scheduling sooner than later. Most plastic surgeons with satisfied patients and busy practices keep busy with referrals and do not need to offer specials or financing.  Take your time selecting your doctor and don't select a plastic surgeon based exclusively on price.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover price can vary

First off, make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon for any plastic surgery. There are many cosmetic surgeons who may not be trained in plastic surgery who still can offer you surgery. Second, don't let price drive you to have surgery from a surgeon with whom you are not comfortable with. Third, you need to decide between breast augmentation, breast lift, liposuction, mini-tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, and body lift procedures.

In Columbus, Ohio where I practice, the total price (surgeon's fees, anesthesia fees and facility fees) for a mommy makeover can range between $6000 and $14000.

Mommy Makeover Pricing

Pricing can vary from state to state. Miami, Florida happens to be one of the most competitive states for plastic surgery therefore I will provide you with their averages.

The mommy makeover is a combination of breast augmentation and a tummy tuck. Depending on the patients needs is when we determine to add a breast lift, and liposuction to achieve the best results.

Here are the averages starting from the most cost effective:

Tummy Tuck + Saline Breast Augmentation - $7500

Tummy Tuck + Silicone Breast Augmentation - $8500

Tummy Tuck + Breast Lift - $9,200

Tummy Tuck + Breast Lift with Silicone Implant - $10,300

If you which to add liposuction to more areas, the average additional costs will be $700 for each additional 2 areas. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Mommy makeover cost

Mommy makeovers often combine some form of breast surgery and body contouring surgery.  Breast augmentation or lifts may vary in price from $4-8K depending on the complexity of the surgery.  A body procedure such as a tummy tuck or liposuction may be another $4-9K depending on the overall duration and complexity of the procedure.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you determine the best surgical plan for your breasts and body.  The mommy makeover can save you money when these procedures are done at the same time, as the each component of the price may be cheaper than if two procedures were done separately (hospital fees, anesthesia fees and surgeon's fee).  Be careful not to pack too many procedures in one setting, however.  The longer the surgery duration, the higher the complication rates for things like deep vein thrombosis.   Good luck.

Mommy Makeover price

Mommy makeover normally refers to body (tummy) contouring and breast contouring (augmentation or augmentaiont/lift).  It is a combination procedure to re-shape the body after pregnancy and weight fluctuation.  In my area, tummy tuck with augmentation vs. tummy tuck with augmentation/lift would range $12000 vs. $15000.  The cost of surgery varies depending on hours that takes to perform your surgery.

Mommy makeover cost

Cost is such a tricky thing.

I strongly recommend people do not make decisions based on cost. I think you should meet a few plastic surgeons who are well respected in your area. See what they recommend as far as what type of surgery and costs will be. Cost is not directly related to skill- I have seen wonderful surgeons who don't charge much, and horrible surgeons who do. But each part of the country tends to have an average cost for surgery.

Most of us are affiliated with payment programs which can space the payments out.

Find out what your surgeon's policy is on fees- are all the office visits covered? what happens if there is a complication? If flying out of state, consider the cost of air travel, hotel, and the cost if you have to go back for any kind of complication. Also, do you meet with the surgeon, or do you primarily meet with the nurse or patient coordinator? How frequent are the follow ups?

There is no standard mommy makeover surgery, cost varies with the length of time in the OR, saline implants and gel implants cost different amounts, a lift without an implant is cheaper than one with an implant as the surgery is shorter and you don't have to buy an implant.

Again, beware of cost. I would recommend you don't shop for the cheapest person on the block: non plastic surgeons and less experienced younger surgeons likely charge less.

Lauren Greenberg, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Cost with Mommy Makeover

The 'mommy makeover' represents a combined surgical approach to address many of the common anatomic changes associated with childbirth and breastfeeding. This typically involves some sort of body contouring procedure (e.g. liposuction, abdominoplasty) combined with some sort of breast enhancement procedure (e.g. breast lift or augmentation). 

Because there are so many options, costs vary widely. For example, mild changes that only require liposuction of a few areas and an augmentation can be in the range of $7000-9000, but if you require a full abdominoplasty, liposuction, and breast lift with augmentation, the price can quickly get into the $15,000+ range.

For this and other reasons, I recommend obtaining and individualized quote from a plastic surgeon, as well as to gain more information about the procedure(s) involved.

Good luck!

Bryan Correa, MD

The cost of a mommy makeover depends on the type of breast and abdominal surgery you need.

Most patients require a full tummy tuck but there is great variability on the type of breast surgery that is needed. The possibilities are breast reduction, breast augmentation, breast lift or a combination.  The cost of surgery can range from $8000-$12000.

How much does a mommy makeover cost?

Costs for a mommy makeover will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the procedure standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction, surgical garment, implants, etc.).  When I think of a mommy makeover, it includes a tummy tuck, breast lift, and possibly breast implants.  A range in price ~$9000-15000 is not unreasonable. $10-12K would be a reasonable cost on average. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Mommy makeover prices

Thanks for your question! Mommy makeover prices may vary depending on the procedures performed and how long the surgery takes.  Currently in my practice I have a mommy makeover special all inclusive for $9999 which includes a breast augmentation with silicone implants, a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist; a breast lift is additional if needed.