How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?

How much does a mommy makeover cost? Please tell me the difference in mommy makeover prices for breast lift with augmentation and breast lift without augmentation.

Mommy Makeover Cost What is the Price of a Mommy Makeover

+10
The cost of a Mommy Makeover depends on the definition of a Mommy Makeover.  No two women are exactly alike, therefore, the procedures administered and the cost will be different depending on the woman.  Some plastic surgeons define a breast augmentation and lift (augmentation mastopexy) plus a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) as a mommy makeover. But, in my practice, each woman has a different idea of what it means to get her pre-baby body back and that is very individualized. Therefore, the price has a significant range.
Breast Lift and Augmentation (Augmentation Mastopexy) may be an ideal option for many moms
An increasingly attractive and popular option for breast enhancement, particularly in women who have been through pregnancy and lactation, is the combination of a vertical mastopexy (breast lift) with breast augmentation. This is the ideal breast surgery procedure for women seeking breast enhancement who have experienced breast volume 'deflation' following pregnancy and lactation (and for those with 'deflated' appearing breasts who have never been pregnant), and who have the desire for a fuller breast profile.
 For many women, a tummy tuck alone can be defined as a mommy makeover.
Many moms that I see for tummy tucks are very fit and in good physical condition, but despite efforts to 'slim down' through diet and exercise, the middle third of their body just doesn't match their more slender upper and lower thirds. As with all aesthetic surgeries, I attempt to restore a sense of harmony and balance to a patients figure when I perform an abdominoplasty.
A tummy tuck is designed to accomplish two things:
Remove excess abdominal skin and fat
Tighten and flatten the abdominal wall muscles
The surgery is performed through a 'bikini-line incision' which, for a full tummy tuck, may extend from hipbone to hipbone. For patients that need only a 'mini-tummy tuck', the incision is usually somewhat smaller, extending just beyond the limits of the average C-section scar. The suprapubic incisions used for this operation are designed so that the resulting surgical scar is hidden by underwear or a bathing suit.
A full abdominoplasty requires the surgical creation of a new belly button. Creating the new belly button, which is called an umbilicoplasty, is a part of tummy tuck surgery that requires a great deal of attention and finesse on the part of the surgeon. My goal is to create a new belly button that, as much as possible, resembles a 'natural' belly button. Natural belly buttons do NOT look like a perfect circle, and circular umbilicoplasty scars are a tummy tuck dead giveaway.
My suggestion is to seek out plastic surgeons  referred by friends, family or medical professionals, do research online and then have a consultation with a few to determine who has an understanding of what you are hoping to acheive with experience doing just that. Most practices will be able to provide many before and after photographs and patients you can speak to about their surgical experience.  Never jump into surgery with haste. Take your time and think about what is really important to you and NEVER be pressured by practices enciuraging you to schedule surgery quickly, especially if there are specials or perks for scheduling sooner than later. Most plastic surgeons with satisfied patients and busy practices keep busy with referrals and do not need to offer specials or financing.  Take your time selecting your doctor and don't select a plastic surgeon based exclusively on price.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover price can vary

+9

First off, make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon for any plastic surgery. There are many cosmetic surgeons who may not be trained in plastic surgery who still can offer you surgery. Second, don't let price drive you to have surgery from a surgeon with whom you are not comfortable with. Third, you need to decide between breast augmentation, breast lift, liposuction, mini-tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, and body lift procedures.

In Columbus, Ohio where I practice, the total price (surgeon's fees, anesthesia fees and facility fees) for a mommy makeover can range between $6000 and $14000.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a Mommy Makeover

+4

Thanks for your question.  A mommy makeover can consist of a variety of different  procedures.  It usually will consist of a tummy tuck with a breast augmentation with or without a lift.  Additionally, liposuction can be included with this procedure.  Weather you choose saline or silicone will also be a factor in price. 

But beware!  I would not select a surgeon based on price.  Sometimes you get what you pay for. 

Here are a few things you should strongly consider when selecting a plastic surgeon.

1. Is he/she board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

2. Ask to see before and after pictures

3. Speak to patients of the surgeon if possible to get their first hand experience.

4.  Where is the surgery performed?  Your surgery should be performed in certified facility for your own safety.

5.  Who is your anesthesiologists.  Personally, if I were going to be put to sleep, I would want a board-certified anesthesiologist.  So this is how I do it in my practice.  This may be more costly, but well worth it.  Your safety should be your sugeons primary concern. 

6.  Overnight stay.  Do they offer overnight facility with a registered nurse?  That first night can be quite uncomfortable for some paitients.  Some patients are prone to have nausea and vomiting after surgery.  Having an experienced nurse to help care for you will make your recovery more comfortable. 

7. How do you feel with your plastic surgeon during your consult?  You should feel comfortable with your surgeon.  This is an important event you are going through with a recovery process.  You should feel good about who is going to be there for you. 

After you have gone through this process, and consult with a couple of surgeons you will probably find that the one's you feel confident with are similar in prices.  But don't just go with the one who is cheaper.  Often times I find myself trying to repair some of the poor results from these "cheaper" priced surgery's.  The patient then ends up paying much more in the long run. 

Good Luck

Brian Joseph MD, FACs

Brian Joseph, MD

Our Mommy Makeover- full body lipo, tummy tuck, implants and/or lift

+4

In our clinic in Guadalajara we offer our mommy makeover package for $9,800 USD and we require you to stay in Mexico for at least 2 weeks to continue with follow up appointments.

Alejandro Enriquez de Rivera, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Pricing

+3

Pricing can vary from state to state. Miami, Florida happens to be one of the most competitive states for plastic surgery therefore I will provide you with their averages.

The mommy makeover is a combination of breast augmentation and a tummy tuck. Depending on the patients needs is when we determine to add a breast lift, and liposuction to achieve the best results.

Here are the averages starting from the most cost effective:

Tummy Tuck + Saline Breast Augmentation - $7500

Tummy Tuck + Silicone Breast Augmentation - $8500

Tummy Tuck + Breast Lift - $9,200

Tummy Tuck + Breast Lift with Silicone Implant - $10,300

If you which to add liposuction to more areas, the average additional costs will be $700 for each additional 2 areas. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

"mommy makeover" cost

+3

Cost for mommy makeover surgery at our office varies from 10,000 to 13,000 dependng on whether a lift is necessary.  This includes a board certifed anesthesiologist, board certified plastic surgeon, and a fully accredited facility.  Hope this helps.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Mommy makeover cost

+3

Mommy makeovers often combine some form of breast surgery and body contouring surgery.  Breast augmentation or lifts may vary in price from $4-8K depending on the complexity of the surgery.  A body procedure such as a tummy tuck or liposuction may be another $4-9K depending on the overall duration and complexity of the procedure.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you determine the best surgical plan for your breasts and body.  The mommy makeover can save you money when these procedures are done at the same time, as the each component of the price may be cheaper than if two procedures were done separately (hospital fees, anesthesia fees and surgeon's fee).  Be careful not to pack too many procedures in one setting, however.  The longer the surgery duration, the higher the complication rates for things like deep vein thrombosis.   Good luck.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Mommy makeover cost

+3

There is some difference in price among plastic surgeons, region of the country, and the procedures performed.    A common mommy makeover procedure is:

1)Full Tummy Tuck

2)Breas Augmentation

3)Breast Lift

The cost of these three procedures including implants, anesthesia, surgeon fees, and facility fees is definitely over 10K.  Anything lower really makes me suspicious as to what you are receiving in terms of quality, safety, and qualification of the surgeon.  I would plan on 12-15K for the procedures discussed above knowing that some quotes will be above this as well.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mommy Makeover price

+3

Mommy makeover normally refers to body (tummy) contouring and breast contouring (augmentation or augmentaiont/lift).  It is a combination procedure to re-shape the body after pregnancy and weight fluctuation.  In my area, tummy tuck with augmentation vs. tummy tuck with augmentation/lift would range $12000 vs. $15000.  The cost of surgery varies depending on hours that takes to perform your surgery.

Sugene Kim, MD

Cost of cosmetic procedures

+3

My use of the term mommy makeover covers combined operations of the breast and abdomen - your question is really the cost difference for a mastopexy vs a mastopexy plus augmentation.

First - combining procedures (whatever they might be) generally results in a lower total cost for 2 reasons:

• The first hour of surgery center and anesthesia time is the most expensive (start up cost). By combining 2 procedures, the second procedure skips the start-up cost, and only utilizes "straight time" at a lower rate.
  • There are some redundant time steps that are unnecessary for combined procedures - such as prepping the skin, positioning the patient, etc. Again, you don't have to pay for these twice.

For example, for a thin framed woman, it will take me just around 2 hours to perform a tummy tuck, and 45min - 1:15 to preform a breast augmentation. Most time based centers require using time in 1 hour increments. If I am booking the cases by themselves, I need to allow 3 hours for the tummy tuck, and 2 for the breast augmentation. If I combine the procedures, I can safely book it for 4 hours, so there is 1 hour of true time saved, and the savings of the duplicated start up costs.

In general, you can expect to save 10 to 15% by combining these procedures.

All this being said, I do not recommend letting cost savings be the deciding factor. Safety should be the first consideration, the achieved result the second factor, and price is last. I am not a fan of the combined mastopexy-augmentation, and would recommend that you first undergo the lift, and later give consideration to implants.

Dr.B

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS