How Much Does It Cost to Have Gauged Ears Fixed?

I was wondering if the size of the gauge would make a difference in the price? I'm currently waiting on my ears to heal so I can ship off to basic and I want to get it done ASAP. I stopped at a 2G which is considered the point of no return but they have healed back to a 10G and aren't that visible but my recruiter informed that if there is any light showing through them I won't be eligible. So how much does it roughly cost?

Earlobe repairs

+3
For me repairing earlobe gauge repair is pretty simple, taking only about 10 minutes a side. Prices vary quite a bit from surgeon to surgeon, so it pays to call around for prices. I usually charge $300 to 400 per side. Don't pay an outrageous price for something that's pretty straightforward. Many surgeons try to make you think this is a complicated procedure and therefore you should pay a lot for it .  I don't buy into that.  I've done about 70 cases, it takes less than one hour, and if enjoy doing these repairs. So I try to make it affordable.  

Surgery to close stretched ear lobes

+2
Hi Jacob

In this case, size does matter. 

Smaller gauging is simpler to repair and therefore costs less. Pricing also varies depending upon which part of the country you live in. 

Here in Richmond, Va. our pricing starts at $200 per ear for simple linear tears and goes up to $450 per ear for larger gauging repair. 

The procedure is done in the office under local anesthesia. I use dissolvable sutures and do not use dressings so patients can get back to their lives right away. 

I hope you find a good surgeon in your area who can help. Best wishes

Dr S

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gauged ear repair

+2

I usually charge $850-1200 but you can certainly find someone to do a simple closure for around $350-500 but is unlikely to offer an aesthetic result.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

How much does it cost to have earlobe repaired?

+1
Costs for an earlobe repair will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the procedure standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, and surgeon fee.  A range in price ~$500-1500 is not unreasonable.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing earlobe for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Repair of gauged earlobes

+1

Recently, I have seen several patients who want to have gauged earlobes repaired so that they can be eligible for military service or another job.  Here is my advice.:

1. Remove the gauges and let the holes shrink down for at least a month.

2. Once the hole stops getting smaller, consult with a board certified PS.

3. The size of the defect (hole) will likely make a difference in the price of the repair. The more complex the repair and the more time it takes, the more it will cost. 

4. Our average price for repairing two gauged ears under local anesthesia is about $1000.

There is a nice example of a before and after photo of a gauged earlobe repair in the photo gallery on my website at  drweider.com.  

Laurence Weider, MD

Earlobe repair $

+1

Earlobe repair costs, on average, $750 per ear, although this is subject to variation depending upon the size of the defect and any other complicating factors.  I normally discount bilateral ear repairs.  If a patient has more than one laceration in the same ear which requires repair, generally, this would require two procedures about eight weeks apart to produce the best possible result.    This procedure is performed in my accredited operating room under local anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Ear lobe Repair costs

+1
Generally, this procedure costs $500-1000 depending on the situation. Like any other procedure, the skill and experience level of the surgeon is important and complications may arise-seek consultation with a well-trained board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Earlobe repair

+1

While prices may vary, the repair of an earlobe is generally quite simple and price is pretty consistent despite the size of the hole.

I generally charge $600 for 1 ear, $900 for both. The procedure is down as an outpatient, in office, with local anesthesia, and patients can generally resume full activity right away.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Earlobes are fast, easy and inexpensive.

+1

The procedure is so minor, that it can be done in a treatment room under local anesthesia. That's why we did it live on TV for The Doctors show. It costs about $800 and up, and it's easier than you might think. Fortunately, the problem with these ears is too much tissue, which isn't such a problem. Reconstructing defects in which there isn't enough tissue is much harder.

Ritu Chopra, MD

Both gauged and split earlobe repair is not expensive.

+1

This operation does require good technique and fine sutures for the best (not the cheapest) result. That being said, any qualified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon has lots of experience with this procedure. Most will charge around $300 to $400 for one ear, and $500 to $700 for both (done under local anesthesia as an office procedure). Don't go to the hospital or free standing hospital surgicenter unless you are absolutely sure you have TOTAL costs (not just your doctor's fee)!

We also provide complimentary piercing (you bring your own earrings) 6 weeks after repair.

Any earlobe repair going for "cheap" will likely be done poorly by someone who may not be a fully-trained and board-certified surgeon--this could lead to reoperation to get the earlobe looking normal (at additional cost). Do it once, and have it done properly!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon