How Much Does It Cost to Have Gauged Ears Fixed?

I was wondering if the size of the gauge would make a difference in the price? I'm currently waiting on my ears to heal so I can ship off to basic and I want to get it done ASAP. I stopped at a 2G which is considered the point of no return but they have healed back to a 10G and aren't that visible but my recruiter informed that if there is any light showing through them I won't be eligible. So how much does it roughly cost?

Earlobe repairs

For me repairing earlobe gauge repair is pretty simple, taking only about 10 minutes a side. Prices vary quite a bit from surgeon to surgeon, so it pays to call around for prices. I usually charge $300 to 400 per side. Don't pay an outrageous price for something that's pretty straightforward. Many surgeons try to make you think this is a complicated procedure and therefore you should pay a lot for it .  I don't buy into that.  I've done about 70 cases, it takes less than one hour, and if enjoy doing these repairs. So I try to make it affordable.  

9339 Genesse Avenue
San Diego, CA 92121-2119

Surgery to close stretched ear lobes

Hi Jacob

In this case, size does matter. 

Smaller gauging is simpler to repair and therefore costs less. Pricing also varies depending upon which part of the country you live in. 

Here in Richmond, Va. our pricing starts at $200 per ear for simple linear tears and goes up to $450 per ear for larger gauging repair. 

The procedure is done in the office under local anesthesia. I use dissolvable sutures and do not use dressings so patients can get back to their lives right away. 

I hope you find a good surgeon in your area who can help. Best wishes

Dr S

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

8730 Stony Point Parkway
Richmond, VA 23235

Gauged ear repair

I usually charge $850-1200 but you can certainly find someone to do a simple closure for around $350-500 but is unlikely to offer an aesthetic result.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

4500 Biscayne Boulevard
Miami , FL 33137

Earlobe repair cost

The cost for earlobe repair is a common question. Earlobes requiring repair can be from a variety of reasons. Some may include a torn earlobe from a pulled earring, gauged earlobes that are now unwanted, facelift surgery causing pulled earlobes, or just simply elongated from older age.

Because of the variety of different causes, earlobe repair may vary in complexity. A price range would be $500-$900 per earlobe. This will vary also depending on the region of the country you are in and the surgeon's expertise. I have use some special techniques to minimize scarring and notching that can be seen if not reconstructed in experienced hands. This repair can be performed comfortably under local anesthesia to avoid any additional fees such as anesthesia fees. Earlobes can be re-pierced 6 weeks later if desired.

Consult with an experienced board certified facial plastic / plastic surgeon in you area.

Raymond E. Lee, MD

1401 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Gauge earlobe repair costs

If the earlobes have only been slightly scratched, then the procedure is like a typical earlobe repair. Our earlobe repair costs starts at $500 and moves up depending on the complexity of the repair and whether both sides are involved.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

5061 FM 2920
Spring, TX 77388

Earlobe Repair

We price our earlobe repairs depending on the complexity. Typically for gauges, we will charge $450-750.  Of course, the city you are in and the training/experience of the surgeon will make a difference.  Best of luck to you.

Larry Pollack, MD

4510 Executive Drive
San Diego, CA 92121

How much does it cost to have earlobe repaired?

Costs for an earlobe repair will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the procedure standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, and surgeon fee.  A range in price ~$500-1500 is not unreasonable.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing earlobe for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

8900 E. Raintree Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Repair of gauged earlobes

Recently, I have seen several patients who want to have gauged earlobes repaired so that they can be eligible for military service or another job.  Here is my advice.:

1. Remove the gauges and let the holes shrink down for at least a month.

2. Once the hole stops getting smaller, consult with a board certified PS.

3. The size of the defect (hole) will likely make a difference in the price of the repair. The more complex the repair and the more time it takes, the more it will cost. 

4. Our average price for repairing two gauged ears under local anesthesia is about $1000.

There is a nice example of a before and after photo of a gauged earlobe repair in the photo gallery on my website at  

Laurence Weider, MD

7777 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230

Earlobe repair $

Earlobe repair costs, on average, $750 per ear, although this is subject to variation depending upon the size of the defect and any other complicating factors.  I normally discount bilateral ear repairs.  If a patient has more than one laceration in the same ear which requires repair, generally, this would require two procedures about eight weeks apart to produce the best possible result.    This procedure is performed in my accredited operating room under local anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Ear lobe Repair costs

Generally, this procedure costs $500-1000 depending on the situation. Like any other procedure, the skill and experience level of the surgeon is important and complications may arise-seek consultation with a well-trained board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942