How Much Does It Cost for Gauged Earlobe Reconstruction?

a few years ago I stretched my ears. since then I have had a change in employment and would like to have them corrected. I was wondering how much it would cost?

Cost to Repair Gauged Earlobes

+1
The cost of reconstructing a gauged earlobe will vary depending on the extent of damage, the amount of scar tissue and the complexity of the repair. The patient's desire to re-pierce or re-gauge the ear in the future also affects the technique used to reconstruct the lobe. Depending on these factors, as well as the part of the country you are in, the cost of reconstructing a gauged earlobe can vary from $400-$1000 per earlobe. I would recommend having a consult with an experienced board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in order to evaluate the best surgical options in your individual case. Good luck!

Price for gauged earlobe closure around 1k in Las Vegas, Nevada

+1

Although the price may vary from region to region, here in Las Vegas we charge about 1k for both sides, if they are significant earlobe defects.  I've also seen a number of individuals joining the Air Force here in Vegas, and they need to be repaired prior to Basic.  Needless to say, find a good board-certified plastic surgeon to do the work.  Good luck!

Samuel Sohn, MD

Gauged Earlobe Reconstruction Costs

+1

The costs of this repair vary by region and the experience of the surgeon. In Portland, we charge $500 per ear for stretched earlobes as there is more complexity to this repair. I hope this helps.

Have a great day.

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much will it cost to close my large gauge holes?

+1

Believe it or not, this is a common question.  When the military recently started awarding large "sign up" bonuses to new recruits, we had an increase in patients requesting closure of the large holes left by Gauges in the ear lobes (the military will not let you in with these in place).

Due to this, I see more patients with requests to close the holes left from gauges.  The procedure is done under local anesthesia and takes about 1 hour.  You can expect to pay between $600-$800 total depending on the size of the holes. Usually, we ask patients to remove the gauges for six weeks to let the skin shrink some before performing the procedure. Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Gauge

+1

Repair of earlobe deformities is a common request . Most of the cases are torn earlobes where a person's earring splits the edge of the lobe. Some people call this a "Pacman" deformity. This usually takes about 15 minutes to repair and the cost is around 250 per side. More complex repairs, such as required to close gauge holes would cost more depending on the complexity. In my practice I have realized that most patients requesting this repair are young men who don't have a lot of money or are trying to enlist in the military. For this reason, I keep the price reasonable, about $300 to 400 per side. I have heard of surgeons charging as much as $1000 per side which is ridiculous. Once a surgeon has done a lot of these, they become pretty straightforward.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Ear lobe Repair costs

+1

Generally, this procedure costs $700-1200 depending on the situation. Like any other procedure, the skill and experience level of the surgeon is important and complications may arise-seek consultation with a well-trained board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Cost of gauged earlobe repair.

+1

I typically would charge from $750 to $1000 for both ears with a deformity such as yours.  This can be done in the office with local anethesia in about an hour.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

THE COST FOR RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY FOR STRETCHED OR GAUGED EARLOBES

+1

the cost of treating a gauged or stretched ear lobe is variable and may be anywhere between $750-$1000, per earlobe.

drcordoba.com

Dr. Carlos Cordoba
MDCM, CSPQ, FRCS, FACS
Plastic & Esthetic Surgeon
4055 Ste-Catherine O. Suite 100
Montreal, QC. Canada H3Z 3J8
514-932-7667

Carlos Cordoba, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Gauged Earlobe Reconstruction

+1

Some earlobes are significantly distorted and therefore require a more complex repair. Usually the cost is between $750-$900 per earlobe. Results can be very good but the earlobe will generally be smaller.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Gauge Ear Lobe Hole Closure

+1

1. The procedure is done in the office

2. The Cost is around $900 depending on how complicated it is and the amount of  "reconstructing" needed to    recreate a normal shape

Dev Wali, MD