Will Doctor Supply a Copy of Before and After Pictures?

Can I get a copy of my before and after pictures after my (rhinoplasty) plastic surgery? ...and...I didn't like the result of my rhinoplasty because the doctor didn't listen to my request not to put an implant in the upper nasa frontal part of my nose but he did. Will/can/should he revise it for free?

Before and after photos

+1

Your doctor should give you copies of your before and after pictures as they are part of your medical records. Sometimes doctors charge a fee.

You and your surgeon should of had an understanding of what was going to happen during your procedure beforehand, but maybe he felt that would give you the best result. Your surgeon does not have to revise your nose for free, but talk to him and maybe you can work something out. Sometimes surgeons will not charge for their part of the fee, but only for the outside fees including time in OR, anesthesia, materials, etc.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Before and After Rhinoplasty Pictures

+1

You can get a copy of all your medical records, including before and after pictures. That is an objective way of evaluating the results. Financial arrangements for revision surgery should be discussed with your your surgeon.

REvisoion rhinoplasty (nose job) and costs of "touch-ups"

+1

You can request your before and after pictures but may have to submit a release of information form. In terms of fees for revisions, it is quite common for patients to pay for the facility and anesthesia at a minimum and then discuss the surgeon's compensation as a separate matter.

Unhappy patient requesting photos

+1

It is your plasstic surgeon's obligation to supply you with your medical records which include your photos. Some doctors do charge the allowable amount for the records. As far as the procedure and the graft, he may have found it necessary at the time of surgery to give you the best result. Speak to him about the costs to revise which in most cases include an OR and Anesthesia fee. Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Before and After Photos of an Unhappy Rhinoplasty Patient

+1

Hi,

Your rhinoplasty surgeon should supply you with your before and after photos. The revision policy of surgeons varies, so discuss this with your surgeon. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Medical records and re-do revision surgery

+1

At least in the state of California the photos are considered part of the medical record. The state medical board regulations state that the physician has to furnish copies of parts or all of the medical records if a patient requests them. If they fail to do so and the patient complains to the board the doctor can be fined if he/she continues to hold the records.

The physician can charge per page of records copied but still has to make the copies available to the patient. Most surgeons will do touch ups on cosmetic procedures that they have performed without a surgical fee but the patient is still responsible for operating room and anesthesia costs. These policies should be fully elucidated in the preoperative consent forms that you signed. If the patient is not given a written policy regarding re-do surgery there could be a problem for both patient and surgeon after surgery.

Aaron Stone, MD

Yes, you can get a copy of your before and after photos .

+1

You can obtain a set of bef/after photos from your doctor. As to the particulars of the cost etc, involve, you should discuss this with your surgeon.