I Am a Runner Considdering Coolsculpting on my Inner Thighs, How Much Down Time Should I Expect?

I am concerned with my skin looking saggy in that area and with them looking uneven. I have read that you can continue to workout after the procedure, does this include running 6-8 miles 5x a week? Or should I plan on some down time, if so how much? My inner thighs just do not seem to budge even with all the running I do. I am very excited to try this but also nervous. Will my skin have a red area where it was treated? If so, does that last very long? I would like to do it before vacation.

CoolSculpting Inner Thighs

+1
CoolSculpting side effects usually include mild bruising, swelling, temporary redness, tingling, numbness, and tenderness to the touch. These symptoms usually subside after a few days up to a couple of weeks. Most people return to their normal activities the next day. Side effects can vary from person to person, but the downtime is usually minimal. CoolSculpting does no address loose skin as it is not a skin tightening treatment. It works to reduce fat permanently. You should schedule a consultation in order to obtain more detailed information regarding the treatment and to see if you are a good candidate for the treatment.

Down Time after CoolSculpting

+1
Typically, there is minimal to no downtime after the treatment though patients may experience temporary pain or discomfort. Side effects can include redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness to the touch, cramping, itching, tingling, and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a procedure. Your doctor can talk to you more about what to expect during and after treatment when you meet for your consultation.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Coolsculpting on your Inner Thighs

+1

It is best to be examined to see if you are a good candidate for the inner thighs. The handpiece has to be able to fit the area with good suction to achieve results.  Yes, the area will be red but normally that goes away within 24-48 hrs.  I have had patients who have Coolsculpting and then workout that same day, others are sore and wait a day or two.... each patient is different. Remember that the 20-25% fat reduction occurs within 4-8 weeks after the treatment (it's not immediate).

Best Wishes!

CoolSculpting has minimal downtime

+1

Your concern should not be whether you can work out soon after the treatment, but whether it will work in the area of your interest.  There is minimal downtime with CoolSculpting by Zeltiq.  There may be some sensitivity and tenderness but this shouldn't prevent you from working out.  There may be visible bruising which can be socially-embarassing and this can last up to two to three weeks.  The device was cleared intially for abdominal and flank fat reduction. The inner thigh areas are off-label, but I have found it to be effective.  Unfortunately, the applicators will not fit every area, so you must be prepared for a localized improvement and not a 100% reduction of fat in the vicinity of your inner thighs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Downtime after CoolSculpting

+1

Discomfort after a CoolSculpting procedure is normal.  Treatment of the inner thighs typically results in mild tenderness to the touch.  Most patients are able to continue there daily activities including running and other forms of exercise. Immediately after the procedure, your skin will be slightly red but this usually dissipates within 24 hours to a week.  Keep in mind that it takes 2-3 months to see results so plan accordingly.

Teresa Mann, MD
Bozeman Dermatologist

No down time with CoolSculpting

+1

CoolSculpting or "fat freezing" reduces about 20% of the fat in the targeted areas.  The greatest advantage of using CoolSculpting is that there is NO DOWN TIME WHATSOEVER.  I had a treatment on my abdomen and as soon as I got off the machine I went and performed 4 Breast Augmentation surgeries!  There is no anesthesia, no needles and it only takes an hour or two to perform.  In addition, some people will see skin tightening.

It works very well in the inner thighs and in Omaha, Nebraska,  we charge $750/application.  The skin will be red for 10-15 minutes after the treatment and you may experience some tingling and soreness for the next couple of weeks, but nothing that even requires an aspirin. 

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon