Wearing a Compression Band for 6 Months After Breast Augmentation?

After surgery the doctor told me to wear something like compression band above my breast constantly for no less than 6 month… Isn’t it too long period? They didn’t tell me to wear surgical bra, just strap around me. Is it right? Don’t I have to wear something to support the breasts? ( I have 275cc smooth moderate plus silicone)

Compression band after augmentation under the muscle

It is common for bandeaus or compression straps to be applied to the upper part of the chest where the pectoral muscle is after surgery. We use if in our patients to help the muscle relax. In our use we suggest wearing if for 2 weeks pretty much all of the time, then next 2 weeks for about 8 hours a day and then stop. In women that have had children before, the length of time is usually shorter as their muscles relax sooner. I see no advantage to using it for 6 months as the pocket gets pretty much set in the first 1-2 months.