How Long Should I Wait to Have Sex After Breast Augmentation Surgery?

I last did on day 6 post-op and was told I'm supposed to wait after 2 weeks (for fear of stirring up unwanted bleeding). I'd like to have second opinions on this. Thanks!

Sex after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. I generally recommend waiting until all the swelling is down before engaging in sexual activity. So typically two weeks would be fine. However, I would not recommend a lot breast manipulation as part of your sexual activities until you are closer to six weeks.

5061 FM 2920
Spring, TX 77388

Depends on activity

You will be able to resume sexual activities after three weeks or so, although you may have to wait longer if it is more physically demanding. The key is to take it slowly at first then increase in intensity. Listen to your body.

However, having said that, it's better to ask your surgeon for their advice.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

How long for sex after breast augmentation?

I am a little confused. You were told to wait 2 weeks (14 days) and you didn't listen and then had sex at 6 days and now you are looking for a second opinion; is that correct. I advise my patients to wait approximately 2 weeks but that also depends on how vigorous or strenuous that activity can be.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005