How Common is Breast Asymmetry Among Women?

Hello, I am trying to find out what is the percentage of women who have asymmetric breasts and what would be the average difference in breast size for women? I have right one size C cup and left one size B cup. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Breast asymmetry among women is much more common than perfect breast symmetry

+1

Thank you for your question. I cannot give you a proven percentage of women with significant breast asymmetry based on controlled clinical studies. I can tell you that one cup size breast asymmetry is quite common in the normal population of people. In 31 years of practicing plastic surgery I don't believe I have ever seen perfectly symmetrical breasts. One cup breast asymmetry can often be corrected with a lift on the larger side and if enlargement is desired breast implants on both sides.There is an example of correction of asymmetry on the last patient photograph in the attached article on breast implants for tuberous breast deformity

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-breast-implants/breast-implants-for-tubular-breasts-correct-tuberous-breast-deformity-2/

Breast asymmetry is common

+1

Most patients have some degree of breast asymmetry, although asymmetry of one or more cup sizes is less common.  There are many options to correct the asymmetry you have described including enlarging the smaller breast only with an implant, enlarging both breasts with different size implants, and reducing the larger breast.  Your board-certified plastic surgeon will explain your options, and help you decide on the procedure of choice for you.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry is common

+1
Breast asymmetry is incredibly common because the body is not symmetrical. The degree of asymmetry you refer to, C on one side and B on the other, is regularly seen. See a plastic surgeon who can explain the options for reduction of the larger breast, augmentation of the smaller one, or a combined approach as there is more than one way to handle this issue, depending on your preferences.

Breast asymmetry is the rule rather than the exception.

+1

When it comes to breasts, the vast majority are uneven. It is more common that they are aymmetric rather than symmetric.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/chicago-photo-gallery/breast-surgery/

Breast asymmetry is common

+1

I cannot find any statistics to quote to answer this question, but I would venture to say that slight differences in breast size and shape is extremely common if not universal. Almost every woman I see has the tendancy for her bra to ride towards one breast, meaning that one is larger than the other. It is unusual for there to be a difference of a whole cup size, but not unheard of. As plastic surgeons, we work to make things as symmetric as possible, but no one starts out perfectly even.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast symmetry

+1

Breast symmetry is the rule rather than the exception. Frankly, the entire body is not perfectly symmetrical. Your asymmetry is larger than most , usually 10-15% or less. One cup size may be 20-25% different.

Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon