Can You Combine Isolaz with Glycolic Peels?

I have had 2 isolaz treatments. I had mild/moderate acne, which the isolaz has begun to clear quite nicely. A lot of my problem now is hyperpigmentation. Could I combine peels with my isolaz treatment? Currently I am spacing the isolaz 4 weeks apart.

Isolaz and glycolic peels

+2

You can alternate your monthly Isolaz treatments with glycolic acid peels every 2 weeks in between Isolaz.  Please consult a dermatologist since you may also require a fading cream for the hyperpigmentation.  Remember to avoid the sun.

Toronto Dermatologist

Isolaz and chemical peels

+2

You cannot do Isolaz and chemical peels on the same day, but since both help acne in different ways, I have lots of patients that do both.  I often will alternate, one month Isolaz and one month a chemical peel. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Isolaz Treatment Combined With Glycolic Peels For Acne and Pigmentation

+2

As you have experienced, Isolaz can really start to improve mild to moderate acne after just a few treatments.  If you are spacing the treatments four weeks apart, I recommend you do the glyoclic peels in between those treatments, giving yourself a good two weeks in between peels and Isolaz.  Both of these treatments are good for acne and for hyperpigmentation.  I recommend you start the peels at a lower concentration of glycolic, especially considering you are also doing the Isolaz treatments.  Make sure to stay out of the sun and hydrate the skin to protect it from getting dried out and irritated.  

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Glycolic acid and Isolaz

+2

If you are spacing the Isolaz treatments every 4 weeks, you can certainly have Glycolic acid peels 2 weeks before/after Isolaz. They work synergistically (the net result is superior than their arithmetic sum.).

Both the Isolaz and the Glycolic peels are  effective in treating acne and also in treating pigmentation.

Good choice.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

You may have a Glycolic Peel and Isolaz

+2

Great question! Yes, you can combine Isolaz with Glycolic Peels. In fact you may actually improve your results since the Isolaz suction tip will have a better entry point.

At the Victoria Park Medispa, we have developed our own treatment protocol and at home regime for our Isolaz clients and make sure to set our clients expectations for the realities of the treatment. Our team includes two microdermabrasions and a Glycolic peel in the treatment protocol (over 6 weeks). (Note: we do not do the peel in the same week as an Isolaz treatment, they should be spaced by at least a week; however we can do a Microdermabrasion in the same session)

We also offer complimentary Isolaz consultations and skin analysis so our clients can make educated decisions for them. Any esthetic tool needs to be in the right hands, to achieve the best possible results.

Steven Bernstein, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon