How Can I Get Chiseled and Hollow Cheeks Like a Male Model? (photo)

I'm a 22-year-old male with very weak cheekbones and an unmasculine face. I'm looking into cheek augmentation that create the chiseled cheekbones that male models have. What would I need to create this look? Thanks.

Cheek augmentation for 22 year old male

+1

While cheek implants are used to augment the maxilla, they are inserted in the midportion of the cheek and not out laterally by the sideburn area.  If the cheek implants are placed too laterally, they give a very unnatural appearance.  We also do not recommend buccal fat pad removal since this accentuates the aging process since people lose facial fat as they age.

Cheek Sculpting

+1

Getting more defined and sculpted cheeks usually requries cheek implants with or without buccal fat removal. One's facial anatomy is key in determining whether this is possible for any specific patient. Many men's facial tissues will never allow for this type of midfacial look. The thinner one's face is the more likely it is achieveable. The cheekbones must become more pronounced and the fat beneath the cheek must become less. It is the combination of these tissue changes that make the cheeks have more visible definition.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Volumizing Fillers Work Well For Cheek, Jawline, and Chin Augmentation For Male Facial Enhancement

+1

Among skilled and experienced aesthetic physicians, revolumizing the face (and upper neck and hands, for that matter) with volumizing fillers, such as Radiesse, Perlane L, and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, has become the standard of care for rejuvenating, reshaping, and recontouring the female face. Perhaps less well known is that nonsurgically enhancing and squaring the jawline, chin, cheeks, and particularly augmenting the cheek region in front of the ears, can strengthen and masculinize the male face.

For men, a stronger, more prominent chin, and wider, more well-defined jawline, and greater squaring of cheeks can significantly enhance both the frontal and profile views of the face. The use of natural and slowly biodegradable hyaluronic acid and calcium-based injectable volumizers allows for making alterations going forward as the face changes with age due to bone remodeling and fat loss and displacement. Only an experienced, board certified injector with an aesthetic eye and extensive experience in treating male patients should be sought. Be sure to insist upon seeing before and after photos of male faces.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

How Can I Get Chiseled and Hollow Cheeks Like a Male Model?

+1

Aesthetically speaking from the photos provided, these are the differences between your face and the male model's.

1. You are correct, your cheeks are quite flat and a Cheek Augmentation with Cheek Implants of the proper aesthetic size and shape would be indicated.
  2. Your chin is quite weak making your jaw and entire lower face out of balance and proportion.  A Chin Implant would be indicated to balance the lower face and chin.
  3. The nose is quite wide which detracts from the rest of the facial features.  Rhinoplasty could decrease the width of the nose and nasal tip.
  4. Finally, the angle of Jaw line flare is much smaller (less flared) than the model's.  While this can be augmented with implants, IMHO they are too problematic and as such we augment to angle of the jaw using Radiesse injections.

Any or all of these would make the corresponding aesthetic improvements.  Hope this helps.

Chiseled and Hollow Cheeks Like a Male Model

+1

Hi,

In your case, I would suggest widening your jaw with jaw implants and bucal fact extraction. You have a very narrow lower jaw and full cheeks, these procedures would give you more of the chiseled look.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS