I have asymmetrical eyes 1 month after lower Eyelid Surgery. Will I need revision surgery to correct this? (photo)

I am one month out after having lower trans bleph w/skin pinch and as you can see I have asymmetrical lower eyelids. This was noticeable right after surgery but was told it will go back to normal after swelling goes down. I'm losing sleep over this because its not getting better. Will I need revision surgery to correct this? I also still have swelling in the eyelids and drooping.dr. doesn't know why. Also what is the best cream to use on the incision lines as mine are very thick and noticeable.

Lower eyelid rounding after lower eyelid blepharoplasty

+2
The right lower eyelid has indeed dropped with more scleral show ( more white showing) than on the opposite eye.  This is one of the more common complications of lower eyelid blepharoplasty, and is due to scarring in some of the deeper tissues of the eyelid, or to removal of too much skin.  Fortunately, this should improve with time ( retraction tend to be worst in the first 2-3 months), and may fully resolve eventually. However, it is possible that it will not in which case a revision would be necessary, but if that should become necessary it is best to wait a full year to allow the tissues and scar tissue to soften up completely, and maximize the chances that a revision would be successful. For now, massage to stretch the lower eyelid can help.  Iwould consult with your surgeon and follow their advice. 

One month post op lower eyelid surgery

+2
At this point you are very early in the healing period.  YOu do have some scleral show and inferior pull of the eyelids.  You can start doing some massage to help decrease swelling and move the lids up.  Warm compresses may help too.  With time the lids may come back up to normal position.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

It's ok to worry.

+2
However, at a month, you have a lot of healing to do.  The eyelids will soften and after perhaps 6 months, it is likely that they will be much better.  If you do need to have a revisional surgery, lateral canthoplasty will not help you and is actually likely to make the eyes much worse.  That is because you have such a big eye.  That is the precise reason you got into trouble in the first place.  How do we fix this situation?  I refer you to my website that has a lot of information on this topic.  My point for know is that with healing, perhaps you won't need any further surgery.

Lower lid pulling after rejuvenation

+2
Your photo show some pulling of the lid away from the eye, also called ectropian. You may also notice a breeze like sensation and perhaps some dryness. The white of the eye is exposed above the lid due to pull. Upward lid massage can help the tightness to relax, and it is worth letting your surgeon have a look.

Post op Eyelid Asymmetry

+2
Thank you for your question. Please don't worry at one month after surgery, your eyelids are still healing. It is difficult to determine if your eyelids are drooping from your photo. Let your incisions fully heal. This will take about 6 months. If you are still unhappy, a revision may be necessary.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Lower eyelid retraction after lower blepharoplasty

+1
You appear to have lower eyelid retraction/ectropion. They may improve as eyelids take up to 6 months to heal. At that time, it can re-evaluated for possible revisional surgery.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Too early to do revision

+1
I am sorry that you have difficulties post surgery. You need to wait till fully healed and that may take 3-6 months. In some cases waiting will not help and your surgeon should be able to direct you better. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon