In 2013 I had a sty on my eye. It went away but left my eyelid looking lazy. Is this ptosis or just a droopy eyelid? (photo)

I never had this as a child? In the summer of 2013 i woke up with a stye in my left eye. Eventually it dissapeared but i feel like it left my eyelid looking lazy, or droopy. Although it went on and off but i feel like its been noticable lately.Please help me diagnose this and tell if i need surgery and also how must does it normally cost.Lastly i seen all this websites about eyelid lift and was wondering if they work for my case?

Droopy eyelid after eyelid stye/chalazion

+1
There is definite left upper eyelid ptosis, which means droopy eyelid. Long-standing styes or chalazions can cause the eyelid to get droopy.  You may be a candidate for ptosis surgery. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

A droopy eyelid is a ptotic eyelid.

+1
It sometimes happens that inflammation can be the cause of an upper eyelid ptosis.  The swelling that is related to the inflammation probably causes some damage to the tissues that hold the eyelid open.  A careful consultation with a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon will determine if you are a candidate for ptosis surgery to restore symmetry to your appearance.  There are two principle methods of repairing upper eyelid ptosis and during the consultation it is possible to determine which of these surgeries would be right for you.

In 2013 I had a sty on my eye. It went away but left my eyelid looking lazy. Is this ptosis or just a droopy eyelid?

+1
This certainly looks like a droopy eyelid which is called ptosis.  A stye can cause this rarely.  You would need a consultation with an Oculoplastic surgeon to decide which procedure is best for your eyelid.  The cost would depend on the procedure  As for your last question, eyelid lift usually describes a blepharoplasty which removes excess skin and/or fat.  This would not help correct true ptosis.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon