Chemical Peel for Dark Underarms

I am an asian, age 23 and have always been physical skinny. I have a very dark underarm. None of my family member seem to have this problem. My mom says i was not born with it. So somehow i have developed this dark underarm. It is much darker than rest of my body complexion. I am consider chemical peel with the toronto cosmetic clinic. I want to know if anyone has done it or if it is possible to get rid of the dark underarm skin by chemical peel?

Chemical peels for underarms

+1

Dark underarms and sometimes knees and groin are common in Asian skin types. Make sure to have a dermatologist assess your skin to ensure the best treatment option for you. In my experience, chemical peels are NOT the way to go for this sort of problem. There are topical, prescription creams that are safer and more effective (& more cost effective). ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

How to correct dark underarm pigment

+1

The pigment in the underarm area may have resulted from some form of irritation. Perhaps shaving, waxing or threadding for hair removal could have created irritation. Also consider irritation from antiperspirants. Any form of injury or irritation to the skin can result in post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or a darkening of the skin in the injured area. Combination treatment using hydroquinone and superficial chemical peels may lighten this kind of pigment. If there is an ongoing irritation to the underarm area it must be stopped to prevent further discoloration.

Pamela Carr, MD
Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon

Strongly advise against this

+1

The ability of the face to heal after a laser or chemical peel is unlike any other area of the body. The reason has to do with the density of stem cells on the face. A wonderful peel on the face can cause a disaster elsewhere on the body. It is also unlikely that the colored lasers would be able to selectively improve the area. One option that should be safe would be hair reduction. Removing the darkly colored hair follicles might improve the overall coloration of the underarm area. Good luck and please be very careful.