Chemical Peel Help Dark Freckling After Areola Reduction?

I had areola reduction surgery a year ago and they seem to have returned to almost their origional size. I have dark freckling around the edge of the areola which makes them look even bigger (this was the case pre-surgery) My surgeon said that a further surgery was not viable as the nipple could die. Could a peel improve the texture and dark speckling or could a further reduction be possible? Micropigmentaion has also been sugested to ligten the dark pigmentationl. Any feedback would be much appreciated

Areola pigmentation

+1

It is unlikely that peels or any topicals will rid the pigmentation in this area. You may want to try a Ruby laser to the pigmented spots (assuming your skin is light compared to the areola color) to get rid of them realizing that they may return as pigment cells are somewhat difficult to get rid of. As a last resort I would consider tattooing the dark spots a flesh color. I think you have a few options in laser before you get to that option however.

New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon

Reduction of pigmentation of areola

+1

You would want to work with your board-certified cosmetic dermatologist to use a combination of gentle glycolic acid, tretinoin, and/or hydroquinone to lighten pigmentation after areola surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Cosmetic_Dermatology.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Reduce size of areola

+1

You could have a "second try" at doing a circumareolar uplift which is really primarily an areolar size reduction. The only thing that would remove dark pigmentation would be an NDYAG laser but I think I would focus on the former.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon