Surgery to Reduce Heavy Lower Cheeks (Age 25)

Hello, I'm a 25yo actor who has been turned down for roles because of my bottom heavy face. I'm quite attractive and embrace my unique looks, but I do see how my face would be enhanced without all the fat around my jowl area. The issue I'm sure, is not my youth. My father has the same heavy jowls, and the area has not atrophied into his aging process. I've seen similar quest. addressed of what not to do. The answer may be simple.. Below:photo of my face relaxed, & a photo of the look I'd prefer

Best Treatment for Heavy Lower Cheeks in Young Actress

+1

Hi Portland Actress,

I would advise you against the removal of your buccal fat pads.  You will want that volume in your face as you get older.  You may even benefit from a small amount of strategically placed Sculptra to support what you feel is a sagging and heavy lower third of your face.  Make sure that you choose your aesthetic surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Dr Michael Persky is located in Encino, California but services all of Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley. Including, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Malibu, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Tarzana, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills and more

Buccal fat

+1

The lower face and the photos you posted clearly show that your buccal fat pads may be quite large.  A simple procedure can be performed to soften the look and hollw that out a bit with buccal fat pad excision which is done through a small incision in the mouth.

Buccal fat pad removal

+1

It is not just treating the problem that is the issue but why you are having the surgery. Even if the surgery did work you may not pass the audition and that may cause you to be mad at the surgeon. Even if you now say that would not be the case you would be surprised to know how frequently that is the case. Unfortunately plastic surgery is not akin to moving image components on an electronic image or tailoring clothing. Those modalities do not account for dividing body cells, bleeding, effects on or by adjacent tissues, swelling, genetic effects on healing and patient compliance with care after surgery. All of these factors can improve or detract from a surgical result.

In your case if the fat bulge is proplapsed buccal fat it could be removed via an incision inside the mouth. You would know this by seeing the fat bulge reduced with finger pressure to re-elevate the prolapsed fat. However, even if that were the case I am not sure I or most other surgeons would be willing to do the surgery given the reason why you want the surgery.

Aaron Stone, MD

Surgery for full lower cheeks.

+1
Though it would seem like auctioning the fat would do what your computer did, it is not without problems . You could have excess skin or irregularities after which can be difficult to repair. Therefore, I tell my Patients to NOT have surgery.

A thinner lower face

+1
You might be able to get the appearance of a narrower lower face with a chin implant and possibly some careful liposuction of the jowls. I would need a detailed in person examination to see if this or any other approach might work for you.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wanting to reduce your lower face contours?

+1

It is not uncommon for patients to feel self conscious about differences in their appearance. However, Plastic Surgery is not the best solution for normal features in a young and otherwise healthy person. You do have a less angled facial shape than others but not enough lower face fullness to justify surgery of any kind. Having a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon that includes an examination will allow for a more thorough discussion as nothing more than general comments can be made without all the information.

I like your comments and attitude about embracing your unique looks because having surgery to narrow your lower face soft tissues will likely have little or no impact on your success in acting.

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon