Will Tear Trough Implants Make my Eyes Look Smaller?

I have eye hollows that are getting more prominent. I have not reacted well with restylane in my lips so am looking at alternatives to improving my eye hollows, I have big round innocent looking eyes and want to know if they would look smaller or different if I put a tear trough implant in, also I wonder if the implant can be seen through the skin it is very thin, and how it looks when animated? Also whether there is a risk of visa le scar tissue forming around the implant.

Tear trough implants should not make eyes appear smaller

+1

Tear trough implants will not make the eyes look smaller. The opening of the eyelids will remain the same. The implants simply augment the depressed tear trough area and will not affect eye shape if performed properly.  

Best Treatment for Tear Trough Hollows in Patient With Sensitivity to Restylane

+1

Hi,

I would advise you to avoid permanent tear trough implants.  Instead I would treat you will Sculptra.  Most importantly choose your treating physician most carefully in this most delicate and unforgiving area of your face.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Tear trough implants

+1

I have never used tear torugh implants and I thnk in this day and age, most doctors would recommend filler material because it probalby has less risks and lower potential for palpability.

Treatment of the tear trough

+1

Without a photo or examination it is difficult to say whether or not a tear trough implant is your best option. You could also have fat grafts placed over the bone rim or juvederm injected instead of restylane. Each option has its own associated pros and cons. You need to go over these with your surgeon before choosing a procedure.

Aaron Stone, MD

Purpose of tear trough implants is to fill in the hollow of the lower eyelid.

+1

Purpose of tear trough implants is to fill in the hollow of the lower eyelid. This will make the eyes look less aged. The implant goes on the bone and should not be seen. It will feel like bone.