Will Cheek Filler Interfere with the Success of a Lower Lid Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty?

I am scheduled to have cheek filler done next week, but I am also interested in having lower lid transconjunctival blepharoplasty several months from now when I have more time available for the recovery. Will the cheek filler interfere with a surgeons perspective as to how much fat needs to be removed/repositioned in the blepharoplasty surgery. Ideally, I would like to proceed with the filler for now, but not if it will negatively affect my future blepharoplasty results in any way.

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thank you for the question. Do not be concerned about two procedures at once. They both will help your appearance, and likely will not conflict at full healing. Discuss this with your surgeon. Best Wishes Thomas Narsete, M.D. Austin, Tx

Cheek filler and lower lid transconjunctival blepharoplasty

+1

Best to have the  cheek filler placed only in the cheek area, not in the tear  troughs or lower lid  area. It is certainly acceptable undergo a transconjunctival blepharoplasty for fat pad removal in the lower lids

Cheek filler and lower lid surgery

+1

If the filler is confined to the cheek itself and not the tear trough then yes you can have the cheek filler now.

Cheek Filler and lower Blepharoplasty

+1

You could have the same together. Lower eyelid fat is independent of cheek fat so there will be no problem. Is the injections to your cheeks done by your surgeon? It would be best that would happen. Make sure it is cheek augmentation and not put in any lower eyelid hollowing.

David Ellis 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

ArtofFacialSurgery.com

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek filler before lower lid blepharoplasty

+1

If the filler is truly going to be used in your cheek and not the tear trough, then there should not be a problem with having the filler done now and lower blepharoplasty done several months from now.  If you want to be on the safe side, I would check with your particular eyelid surgeon first, just to make sure it is okay with him or her.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon