Right Eye is Smaller Than my Left - How Should I Correct This?(photo)

my right eye has always looked smaller than my left. What would be the best way to correct this or just make them look even. I'm 30 years old.

Asymmetry or Ptosis or Proptosis of the other side ...

+1

Dear Josy

Everyone has one eye smaller than the other but it could also be weakness of the muscle on that side or protrusion of the eye on the other side. It is difficult to tell from the photos. The best way to proceed is to get a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in the eyes and find out what the options are. Best of luck with it. 

Haideh Hirmand, MD/FACS

Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon/New York City

Ptosis right eye....or bulgy left eye!

+1

Based on your photos, its impossible for us to know if its the right eye that is droopy, or possibly your LEFT eye is bulgy....or it could be a combination of the two.

Its important to have a consultation with an Oculoplastic Surgeon to fully evaluate these possibilities.

You can find one close to you by clicking on the link I provided below.

Good luck.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid sagging on one side needs an upper eyelid reconstructive repair

+1

Thank you for your question.  Upper lid droopy appearance can be caused by:

1. excess of skin in the upper lid itself and/or the presence of fat pads
  2. brow ptosis (ie. sagginess)
  3. lid ptosis (ie. sagginess)

It seems in your case that your upper lid itself is saggy and would require perhaps a levator aponeurosis advancement.  Levator is the muscle responsible for lifting your upper lid.  Again, a one-on-one consultation with a qualified surgeon is required for a formal assessment.

Make sure you see a qualified surgeon for this issue.  Best of luck!  Dr. Marc Dupere, Toronto Plastic Surgeon, board-certified.

Marc DuPere, MD

Asymmetric eyes

+1

Asymmetric eye appearance could be due to multiple factors. Your right upper eyelid is more droopy (ptosis) than the left side. The eye itself may also be more sunken that the left side (or left side is more bulgy than the right side).  The treatment will depend on the exact problem. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a science

+1

Thank you for the question. The photos are limited and I will answer the best that I can. Everyone has some asymmetry which makes us unique. You can improve this by measuring a crease in your eyelids to get a better match. Good luck with your procedure...Thomas Narsete  Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical eyelids

+1

It  appears from the photographs that  you may have ptosis of  your right eye.   Ptosis repair is best treated by an oculoplastic surgeon which can be done as a stand-alone procedure  or it can be combined cosmetic eyelid surgery

You have mild upper eyelid ptosis.

+1

This can be corrected with ptosis surgery.  Generally your best bet is to see a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon for help with this.  In Oregon, you have some excellent options.  Consider using the geographic directory on the ASOPRS website to help find someone with the right credentials.