How is Cellulite Treated?

One of the doctors mentioned cellulite appearing with loose skin that has lost its elasticity. Is their a procedure to "pull Up" or rid the loose skin and create a smooth appearance?

Cellulaze skin tightening

There are some great animated videos showing how Cellulaze works on YouTube and the Cellulaze website. The real benefit of the Cellulaze procedure is delivering laser energy to the deep surface of the skin to promote new collagen formation, skin thickening and tightening. This reduces the appearance of cellulite far more effectively than any of the previously available technologies and is a one time procedure. Hope this helps.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

1515 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306

Brazilian Cellulite Treatment for body cellulite

I advise my patients with cellulite to address the problem with the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment plus skin tightening using ablative or non-ablative laser. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Treatment for Cellulite

Thank you for your question. There are procedures that can improve the appearance of cellulite and possibly minimally tighten skin, but doesn't work well on loose skin. Surgery is the best option for skin laxity. I would recommend consulting and being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for best result and safest treatment options. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253

Treatment for cellulite

I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

11200 Broadway St.
Pearland, TX 77584

Cellulaze Procedure

Cellulaze promotes skin thickening and tightening resulting in tighter smoother skin. It uses laser energy under the epidermis to fight from under the skin. Results are long lasting. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

60 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022

Consider Cellulaze

Cellulaze is the only FDA-approved treatment for cellulite. Cellulaze is a minimally invasive laser treatment that attacks the actual anatomic cause of cellulite.  Although Cellulaze is minimally invasive, it is a surgical procedure that requires wearing a compression garment for 4-6 weeks.  You are expected to have swelling and bruising for couple weeks.  I do not think non-surgical procedures will give you a lasting result.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

4185 Technology Forest Blvd.
The Woodlands, TX 77831

Cellulaze treats all of the irregularities associated with Cellulite including tightening of the skin.

Cellulaze is a carefully studied treatment to addresses all of the conditions that affect the appearance of cellulite.  Fat bulges are reduced, fibrous bands are released and the skin is tightened.  

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

440 West 200 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101

How to treat cellulite.

Cellulite is a problem of:

1. thinning and inelastic skin
  2. fibrous bands which create dimples
  3. bulging fat

Cellulite is treated by addressing each of those problems individually with the Cellulaze procedure.

Other respondents claim the FDA study included only a single physician with only one year follow-up-- actually there were multiple physicians in the study and each showed their one year results to the FDA because that is what was required.  I have personally seen photos over 3 years after the treatments which shows excellent improvement.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

11762 S State Street
Draper, UT 84020

Cellulite can be improved but not cured

Cellulite or what is generally referred to as "cellulite" is a complex, multi-factorial problem and there have been many "cures" over the years that have not withstood the test of time. The most recent market offering is Cellulaze by Cynosure which was approved by FDA based on a limited study by one investigator looking at only one year results. I'm not sure that anyone can claim that this technology offers "definitive" treatment of cellulite. Also, in my opinion submission, either mechanical or with sub dermal LASER remain the most effective approach for Cellulite IMPROVEMENT or REDUCTION which is likely temporary.

Many times, effective lipoplasty of the outer thigh with concurrent sub dermal release and proper post-lipo care and support guarment will result in visible improvement in thigh contour and skin texture. The 1440 nm wavelength used in Cellulaze has been available in the Smartlipo Triplex also delivered subcutaneously and subdermally using a fiber which is able to lyse septa, coagulate fat cells and thermally stimulate collagen production subdermally leading to contraction and skin tightening. This may be even more effective as a blend with the 1064 nm wavelength present only in the smartlipo triplex.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

1000 Plain Street
Marshfield , Massachusetts 02050