Comparison Of Treatments For Thigh Cellulite: Thermage/Cool Sculpting/Exilis/Endermologie?

Would someone please provide some guidance on the key differences of Thermage/Cool Sculpting/Endermologie/Exilis? I am 5'4 and weigh 118 lbs, 43 years old, workout 5 days a week, have extremely healthy diet. Still have some cellulite in thighs/hips/buttock area that is frustrating and I cannot seem to resolve through diet and exercise. What procedures would be the most effective and provides the fewest follow up visits. Any insight would be appreciated! Dawn G.

Cellulaze will help with cellulite

+1
My suggestion is to consult with your surgeon about Cellulaze; it is the first long-lasting cellulite reduction treatment. If there are areas of lumpy dimpling skin then you are a candidate for Cellulaze. Please consult with your surgeon.

Cellulaze and Cellulite options

+1

Based on my experience with these technologies, in a nutshell, Thermage tightens the skin but it is minimally effective compared to newer technologies, CoolSculpting "melts"  the fat under the skin in small quantities but does little if anything for cellulite, Endermologie for cellulite - save your time and money, Exilis - I don't have any experience with. The best technology today for cellulite is the Cellulaze treatment. See a board certified physician in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to see if this kind of treatment has the ability to deliver the results you are looking for. Good luck!  Best, Dean Vistnes, M.D.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulite treatment

+1

I would recommend Cellulaze, it is the only FDA-approved, one time, minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  It treats the cellulite by correcting all three anatomical aspects that cause cellulite.  By utilizing a side-firing laser fiber optic, it removes the fat that causes the bulges, it treats the fibrous septae that cause the dimpling, and it stimulates collagen synthesis to contract and smooth the skin, something no other treatment modality can do.  Satisfaction rate with Cellulaze has been over 90 percent.  Cellulaze treatment is not for everyone.  I would recommend consulting a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with Cellulaze to see if you are a candiate for the treatment. Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulite Removal Procedures

+1

Dear Aurora,

Without physical examination and photos, it is a hard to recommend the best for your case.

Nonetheless, if you the "stubborn" fat remaining in your abdomen, flanks and back areas even after a religious workout schedule and a healthy diet, I believe that you will benefit from Cool Sculpting - a non-surgical, non-invasive method of getting rid of this excess fat permanently.

The Zeltiq (cool sculpting) will freeze the fat cells (cryoplipolysis) without affecting other tissues; the fat in the adipocytes (fat cells) will freeze at a controlled temperature inducing cellular apopotisis (programmed cell death) hence a permanent solution.

As for your cellulite, cool sculpting does address that issue but Cellulaze does - a recently FDA approved procedure with commendable results.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

The Cellulaze treats all components and is the best current treatment for Cellulite

+1

Cellulaze is a new treatment approved by the FDA within the past year that treats all aspect of cellulite including releasing fibrous bands, reducing fat bulges and tightening the skin.  Improvements are now 2 years and holding.  It is my opinion that this is the best treatment investment if you are serious about permanent improvement in your cellulite

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Definitive Treatment for Cellulite

+1

As some of my colleagues have suggested, I would recommend you consider the new FDA approved Cellulaze procedure.  Unlike other treatments currently available, Cellulaze actually attacks the underlying causes of cellulite below the skin.  It requires only one treatment and have long lasting results (with 1-2 year followup in published studies).  Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

New treatment for cellulite.

+1

A new treatment for cellulite is available across the country: Cellulaze!

All of the treatment options you outlined above have shown only minimal, temporary improvement (at best) or no improvement at all in the appearance of cellulite.

Cellulaze is now available and treats the actual causes of cellulite.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment: what works best? thermage, cool sculpting, exilis, endermologie, bodyjet, skin tyte, i Lipo

+1

It is unfortunate that so many companies pray on patients looking for an easy cheap fix for cellulite.  There is a repackaging of some old technology with a sexy name every month.  Cellulite can be improved and it just depends on the type of cellulite a person has.  Is it deep cellulite with abundant fat, or is it localized 'problem spots?'  In general I recommend you avoid any technologies involving focused ultrasound or radio-frequency as Thermage and other technologies are well known for creating deformities.

In general I like to treat cellulite like you describe with a combination of diode laser  to gentlly reduce and smooth the subcutaneous fat with an infrared deep dermal heating for skin tightening.  In cases like yours I feel this is the best option.  The devices I use are iLipo by Chromogenix for fat reduction and SkinTyte II from Sciton for skin contraction and smoothing.  There may be other similar products out there but I dont recommend following advertiser hype in choosing your treatment. 

Choose a reputable plastic surgeon with experience with these technologies and with conventional techniques.  You need to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon who can guide you.  Depending exam you may be better off with a liposuction modality.  In certain cases I use hydrojet liposuction (BodyJet by humanmed)  to reduce problem areas ann smooth the skin  this is particularly useful for deeper large cellulite where some fat grafting is added back to the deeper areas after the liposuction.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD