Cellulite & Lower Body Lift - Will the Lift Help with Cellulite?

When I pull my skin up to imagine what the lower body lift results would look like, the cellulite on my front thighs and some on the back and sides disappear. I do workout and have muscle definition, but am plagued with cellulite ripples. Is it reasonable to expect the lower body lift to help my cellulite? Maybe even eliminate it the way it does when I lift my skin up? It almost looks like the weight of my butt and abs combined with gravity has created some of the cellulite, like squishes it.

Cellulite and Lower Body Lift

Generally body lifts are effectivve in alleviating redundant skin, laxity and gravitational changes.  Cellulite is a skin texture problem, which may be improved with body lift but I would not specifically expect any major alleviation of fine cellulitic lines and skin texture.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Can a bodylift improve cellulite?

• Thank you for your question.  You have already noticed that pulling on extra skin can eliminate some wrinkling in adjacent areas.  A body lift is intended to improve shape and contour.  It is not usually chosen as a treatment for cellulite, but tightening loose skin can help a number of qualities of skin including stretch marks and cellulite.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Lower Body Lift

Yes.  What you are seeing is more than cellulites.  You have lower body skin and tissue laxity that is contributing to the cellulites.  The best approach for these would be a complete lower body lift.  In my practice, this involves a buttock lift, outer thigh lift, thigh lift from the front, tummy tuck, and correction of the pubic laxity.  Also, liposuction will be performed at the same time in most cases.  To learn more, please visit our website and youtube on lower body lift, with our extensive gallery of body lift patients.

A lower body lift will correct the loose sagging skin of the abdomen, upper thighs, hips/outer thighs, and buttocks.  Cellulite is especially noticeable when located in loose and sagging skin.  A lower body lift will create an overall significant improvement of the lower body, but it will not create perfectly smooth skin.  The skin-smoothing effect that is seen by pulling up on the thighs is really not to be expected as a result of these operations.  Cellulite is a skin irregularity that occurs as a result of connective tissue bands of varying lengths that attach the skin to the deep connective tissues of the thighs and buttocks.  Cellulite is influenced by the arrangement of fatty tissue "compartments" between the irregular connective tissue bands.  Mechanical disruption of these bands with or without superficial liposuction may improve the appearance of cellulite.  In combination with lower body lift,  the improvement overall can be dramatic!

Paul Fortes, MD

Body Lift

Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).  A physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.
Dr. Basu

Houston TX