Cellulite & Lower Body Lift - Will the Lift Help with Cellulite?

When I pull my skin up to imagine what the lower body lift results would look like, the cellulite on my front thighs and some on the back and sides disappear. I do workout and have muscle definition, but am plagued with cellulite ripples. Is it reasonable to expect the lower body lift to help my cellulite? Maybe even eliminate it the way it does when I lift my skin up? It almost looks like the weight of my butt and abs combined with gravity has created some of the cellulite, like squishes it.

Cellulite and Lower Body Lift

+2

Generally body lifts are effectivve in alleviating redundant skin, laxity and gravitational changes.  Cellulite is a skin texture problem, which may be improved with body lift but I would not specifically expect any major alleviation of fine cellulitic lines and skin texture.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Can a bodylift improve cellulite?

+2
  • Thank you for your question.  You have already noticed that pulling on extra skin can eliminate some wrinkling in adjacent areas.  A body lift is intended to improve shape and contour.  It is not usually chosen as a treatment for cellulite, but tightening loose skin can help a number of qualities of skin including stretch marks and cellulite.
  •  

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Lower Body Lift

+2

Yes.  What you are seeing is more than cellulites.  You have lower body skin and tissue laxity that is contributing to the cellulites.  The best approach for these would be a complete lower body lift.  In my practice, this involves a buttock lift, outer thigh lift, thigh lift from the front, tummy tuck, and correction of the pubic laxity.  Also, liposuction will be performed at the same time in most cases.  To learn more, please visit our website and youtube on lower body lift, with our extensive gallery of body lift patients.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Body Lift

+1

Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).  A physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.
Dr. Basu

Houston TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS