I Lost 100 Pounds. Now I Have Loose Skin, Stretch Marks, Love Handles. Recommendations? (photo)

32yr, 6ft, Male. Went from 270 to 170. Plenty of loose skin, stetch marks, and love handles remain. I weigh less than 2 brothers, same height and build, but still have 5 more inches around belly vs them. 2 questions: Do I continue loosing weight to try to loose belly inches even tho fam/friends are complaining of too much weight loss, or is stuborn belly flab a real issue for big weight loss people? And what kind of procedure would produce the best results? TT, mini TT, TT+Lipo, Body Lift?

Continue on your weight loss journey

+2

To Whom It May Concern:

Congratulations on your significant weight loss.  You should be very proud of what you have achieved.  I would strongly suggest continuing to lose weight as much as possible.  I would not listen too much to your siblings regarding weight loss.  Based on your anticipated further weight loss, I would suggest you undergo a 360 body lift.  This will eliminate excess skin and fat from the abdomen, hips, and buttocks.  If you just did a tummy tuck it would not eliminate the excess skin and fat of the lateral hips nor buttock regions.

Congratulations again on your weight loss and good luck on completing your weight loss journey.

Thank you,

I Lost 100 Pounds. Now I Have Loose Skin, Stretch Marks, Love Handles. Recommendations?

+2

Good job! That's a major accomplishment to loose that much weight. We do quite a lot of body contouring on patients with massive weight loss and they all ask the same question..."Should I lose more weight?"  Remember there is a fat layer under your skin that you cannot lose, but that will be removed with surgery. Your photos look like you are ready for the next step, the surgery. In our practice I would recommend a tummy tuck that goes completely around the trunk, down low where it is easily hidden by clothing or swim wear. That will take care of those extra inches you mentioned and you will be quite pleased by the results of the surgery. Just make sure you seek out a surgeon that is very experienced in this procedure, and of course certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Male Body Lift

+2

Congratulations on the weight loss and more important step in preserving your life. 100 lbs is very significant and rightfully is the cause of your skin excess. There is one good answer.... Skin excision. The scar will be low but should travel around to your posterior hips. This piece of skin will weigh about 3-5 pounds and the scar will take about 1 to 1.5 years to fade. This type of surgery has a higher morbidity. Skin infections, seromas, healing difficulties, and hematoma are the most common. Drains will be used post operatively to aid in your recovery. Expect to be on the mend for 6 weeks or longer and your results should be noticeable and worthy of the cost.  Losing additional weight will not affect this surgery. Good nutrition post operatively will be important.Good Luck

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Body sculpting

+1

You are at your ideal weight for your height. Your BMI is 23, normal.

You are ready for body sculpting. Extended abdominoplasty , may be circumferential lift, plus liposuction to mefine the abdomen and waist.

Is a tummy tuck or a Lower Body Lift right for me?

+1

After a person has lost over 100 lbs there is usually excess skin and fat.   To address these excesses  one might consider a tummy tuck , liposuction or even a lower body lift.   To help decide which of these procedures would be best for you -  here are some clarifications.  A tummy tuck addresses only the front of the abdomen.  In general the improvement is seen only as far back as a line drawn straight down from the front of the  armpits.   The excess skin and fat is lifted up , pulled down and cut off.   This smooths out the skin and fat of the front of the abdomen and leaves a scar around the belly button and from hip bone to hip bone.  A lower body lift in many ways is a tummy tuck for the front and the back. The scar goes all the way around the body and removes a "tire " of excess skin and fat  around the entire lower trunk.   Liposuction only removes excess fat and does not address any excess skin but can in weight loss patients be helpful for pockets of fat (love handles) that are not addressed with a tummy tuck.

Susan E. Downey, MD

Tummy tuck and lipo

+1

Men do have tummy tucks and lipo, especially after they have lost 100lbs. The scar falls in the underpant area and your stomach looks much better after.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Body contouring after weight loss

+1

Congratulations of your weight loss.  You will most likely benefit the most from either an extended tummy tuck (+/- liposuction of your waist/flanks) or a circumferential body lift.   My procedural recommendation would depend on your goals (what areas bother you the most) and your physical exam findngs (location and distribution of your excess skin).   Please visit with a board certified ASPS member surgeon to learn more about your options.Best of luck!

Dr.Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS