Realistic Expectations For Lower Body Lift? (photo)

I'm 51, 5'2" and 168. I'm losing weight with diet and exercise and still have more to lose prior to surgery. I'm wondering what I can realistically expect from a lower body lift. Will lipo on outer thighs and body lift be enough to loose my thick thigh area without a thigh lift? With my shape do I need to worry about having a post-op "flat butt" that I read about? What improvements could I expect in my appearance? Thank you!

Body Lift

+2

A lower body lift generally refers to a procedure known as a belt lipectomy a.k.a. circumferential body lift. These procedures are usually tailored for a patient who has experienced significant weight loss. These procedures are designed to recontour the entire waist and lower trunk.

They include 3 procedures:

1) Tummy Tuck
2) Waist lift/lateral thigh lift
3) buttock lift

Many of my female patients who have lost volume in the their buttocks also option for buttock augmentation using their own tissue (auto-augmentation). These procedures are all very powerful. But the basic principle applies - you must accept some degree of scar for better form.

The good news - we strive to hide the scar in your waist/bikini line.

Best of luck

Body sculpting

+2

Based on the pictures posted, you can have a great results. Circumferential lift, liposuction of the lateral thighs and love handles. Based on discussion with you may be a slight filling of fat to the depressed areas of th buttocks.

Lower Body Lift

+2

Hello Hope,

Thank you for posting photos. I presume your hands are holding the areas that is bothering you.  A lower body lift, or belt lipectomy is designed to address a number of areas around your body.  In the front, it is identical to a tummy tuck, and the surgeon can tighten the abdominal muscle and remove hanging and loose skin.  Around the sides, it becomes an outer thigh lift, and in conjunction with liposuction, can recontour the outer thighs nicely.  So yes, the areas you are holding will be improved .  In the back, it becomes a buttock lift; although it will tighten and raise the buttock, it comes at the expense of some flattening. 

It is difficult to assess your inner thighs, however  I would not perform both procedures at the same time regardless, and is best to perform as a secondary procedure later.  I think that you should get a good result though, and it might be life changing for you!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Good Candidate For Lower Body Lift

+2

You appear to be a very good candidate for a LBL (especially if you achieve more weight loss).  The procedure will remove a great deal of the extra skin from your outer thighs.  I cannot be certain from your photos, but it looks as if you may not need a medial thigh lift.  Congratulations on your remarkable weight loss!

John Whitt, MD

The body lift should leave you with a flat tummy with no skin rolls

+1

To Whom It May Concern:

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Based on your pictures I think you should have a significant improvement in the upper outer thigh with a body lift. 

The body lift should leave you with a flat tummy with no skin rolls.  It should lift and remove excess skin and fat in the lateral hip area, especially the area you are pinching in the picture on the far right. 

Yes, a body lift does flatten the butt somewhat but I think you have enough buttocks fat to prevent it from being flat after a body lift.  I believe you have enough tissue remaining on the buttock that you will have an acceptable buttock profile.

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Good luck on completing your weight loss journey.

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Realistic Expectations Following a Body Lift

+1

Broken down into its components, the lower body lift includes a tummy tuck, a thigh lift, and a buttock lift. Occasionally, patients also opt for a fat injection into the buttocks if the butt does become flat (brazilian butt lift).

Excess skin and fat from the entire midsection of the body is removed. The skin closure is tailored to enhance the figure. I use the Lockwood technique, which preserves more of the subcutaneous tissues and, at the same time, minimizes the empty spaces between skin and muscle layers. This is important because reducing empty space helps healing and helps prevent complications such as fluid collections.

The body lift has the advantage that it can be done in one surgical session, or in stages, depending on your specific needs. It is truly a resculpting of the abdomen, hips, thighs, and buttocks. You can realistically expect a dramatic transformation of the mid and lower body.

Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to define the best plan for your specific goals.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD