Cellulaze Recovery. How Long Will I Need To Wear Spanx?

How soon will I be able to wear shorts or a bathing suit after my cellulaze procedure? My doctor has told me that I will need to wear the compression garment for one week, then spanx for four weeks. How many hours a day is it necessary to wear the spanx? And do they need to cover the entire treatment area?

+3

I am recommending that my patient's wear the garment for at least 4-6 weeks post treatment, as much as possible. The longer you wear the garment the better the results will be. Even though the incisions heal quick, you need to keep in mind that the whole area inside has been treated and biologically it takes time for the healing process to occur. Wearing shorts or a bathing suit would be a personal decision. The compression garment should cover the entire treated area.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Recovery

+1
Patients can have bruising from 4-6 weeks following Cellulaze treatment. I generally ask my patients to wear compression for 2 weeks around the clock, and then for 2 additional weeks at night only. It's best if the compression (spanx works great) covers the entire treatment area.
It takes about 3 months to see results from Cellulaze. Be patient. I provide lymphatic/therapeutic massage for all of my cellulaze patients beginning at 2 weeks post procedure. This helps to reduce swelling and discomfort.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garments After Laser Cellulite Treatment

+1

Compression garments are a frequent area of concern for patients after surgery. Compression helps to decrease bruising in the early postop period, it helps to decrease swelling postop, and helps to keep you comfortable as you return to normal activities.  There is not magic number for how much time in compression is required as compression has not be scientifically proven to affect the final aesthetic outcome.  My suggestion is to follow your doctor's advice for now and to have a more in depth discussion with him/her regarding your concerns about wearing it for the recommended time. Tell him/her how it affects your life and ask for suggestions on how to improve your experience. All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze recovery

+1

I ask patients to wear compression around the clock for 3 weeks.  After that, you may resume normal activity, but you might find that you still have periodic swelling and therefore benefit from wearing Spanx or compression on and off for a another few weeks.  Usually by 1 month, patients can tolerate massage, which I believe is beneficial.    The entire treated area needs to be covered - you cannot have bands of clothing, Spanx or compression garments cutting right through the middle of the treated areas. 

Michelle Spring, MD

Cellulaze treatment for cellulite reduction requires that you wear a compression garment for 6-8 weeks.

+1

After a Cellulaze treatment of the buttock and or thighs it is best to wear a compression garment like spanx, compression shorts, or tight yoga pants for 2 weeks except when showering and for 4 more weeks when walking and sitting. I recommend that patients wear compression shorts for months after the procedure while exercising. I restrict full exercise for two wekks after the procedure.

Laurie Casas, MD

Cellulaze and Spanx

+1

I typically recommend to my patients that they wear the compression garment continuously for 2 weeks.  After that time period, I recommend they wear it as often as possible for an additional 4 weeks, however to encourage the most optimal results.  But short periods of time without the garment after week 2 is fine.  If there is no bruising you could wear shorts, but that would be a personal decision.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Compression garments after Cellulaze

+1

You should wear the compression garment for the first week 24/7, followed by spanx for the the next two weeks 24/7 if possible.  Wearing spanx for an additional 2 weeks during the day would be helpful to address any residual swelling and fluid accumulation.  Compression garments/spanx should cover the entire treated area for the maximum benefit. You may also consider Smoothshapes or lymphatic massage to help alleviate swelling in addition to wearing spanx.  Wearing shorts or a bathing suit may take 3 months (the area will continue to improve for up to 6 months but the majority of swelling and bruising should resolve enough by then that you can wear shorts without a problem)

Grant Stevens, MD

Compression Garment

+1

We recommend wearing the compression garment for one full week following the procedure; you will only remove while showering. This garment will cover the areas that were treated and help to control the swelling.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Aftercare from Cellulaze

+1

I usually recommend my patients to wear compression garment for 3 week and then to wear Spanx for another 2-3 weeks.  Both the compression garment and Spanx should be snug around your body and should cover the entire treatment area.  If you can wear the garment/Spanx at all times, that would be better; however, you can take them off at night times.  Plastic surgeons differ in our postoperative care and instruction; you should follow your plastic surgeon's advice.

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze Recovery

+1
There is minimal recovery following Cellulaze anti-cellulite treatments. Patients may experience some bruising and discomfort. In addition, small amounts of fluid may leak from the incision sites. However, work and most other normal activities can typically be resumed within a day or two of treatment. A compression garment may need to be worn for a period of time, three weeks, and strenuous activities and exercise should be postponed for one to two weeks. The garment should cover the entire treatment area. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD