Will Fat Injections to Cellulite Dimpling Above Knee and Thigh Be Helpful

I have mass amounts of dimpling above my knees and front and back of thighs. Would fat injections be helpful in reducing the appearance of cellulite or tightening skin.

Cellulite treatment with Cellulaze & Fat injection

+1

Cellulaze helps with the actual cellullite because it attacks the very structural problems that cause cellulite. Cellulaze cellulite treatment can be used for treating mild to moderate cellulite on the knees, thighs (front and back), and buttocks. Most patients require only one (1) treatment for cellulaze cellulite treatment and the results can last for years. If your cellulite is severe, you may need a combination treatment which may include fat injection.

Make sure to to do your homework and select a board certified plastic surgeon who is trained in cellulite treatment. Good luck

Cellulaze to fix dimpling

+1

I would recommend using Cellulaze to help with smoothing the skin out above the knee. Fat injections are an option; consult with your surgeon to see which procedure best suits you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. To give you the best possible assessment, a photograph of the area to be treated would be necessary. Cellulaze could be an excellent option for your cellulite. I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a board-certified doctor. Best of luck. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Fat injections for cellulite

+1

Without a physical exam it is really impossible to determine the proper treatment for your concerns.  Dimpling caused by cellulite is not generally effectively treated by fat injections because the dimpled areas are tethered down by fibrous bands of tissue, they are not simply uneven areas of fat. Cellulaze is an effective treatment for cellulite because it addresses these fibers by cutting through them with a laser, melting certain high spots of fat, and improving the skin's quality and integrity. For the best recommendation for you, consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in Cellulaze.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze is now the preferred treatment for cellulite

+1
The dimples of cellulite don't respond to fat injection alone because there are connections to the skin that create them. Cellulaze is a new surgery that uses a laser to release these connections. I would recommend that.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dr Basu's posting is exactly correct. Very hard to advise over the internet. Best to have in person consults with certified CELLULAZE docs. 

Treatment of Dimpling

+1

It is difficult to make any recommendations without a physical exam or photos.  My suggestion would be to see a board certified PS in your area who performs the Cellulaze procedure.  Most forms of cellulite can be treated with the Cellulaze procedure.  However, there is a very severe form (Type III Severe) of cellulite that may be treated with other modalities.  Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS