How Many CC's of Saline to Make Me a DD Cup? (photo)

I am 18 years old, 5'4, 114 pounds, 34 B and breastfed my child for 1 year. Due to breastfeeding I lost a lot of volume in my breasts, but they do not have a sagging appearance. With all the volume in my breasts gone, I am not confident with my body at all, especially in front of my husband. Before pregnancy I was a C/ small D. Now a B/ small C, but not full at all. Before I go into my consultation I want to know about how many CC's saline will get me to a DD, if even possible. Thanks!

Determining implant size

+1
Have you tried on sizers? This can help you get a better idea of how you may look with certain implants.

I use a technique called dimensional breast augmentation which involves taking in a number of factors and measurements, so each patient is unique. That being said, given your height, weight, and your activity level, along with the fact you are considering a lift, I would say you are probably not that far off in choosing an implant in that range. Best thing to do is to see a qualified plastic surgeon that has good breast expertise.

I do not recommend relying on sticking to a specific number of cc's to get you to a DD cup. This is because there is little standardization of bra size by the various bra manufacturers out there. A DD cup of one bra manufacturer may be smaller or bigger than one from another manufacturer. For this reason, it would probably be better to bring in the bra you'd like to fill, then try on sizers.

How many cc's of saline to make me a DD?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Your options would certainly be breast augmentation with implants or fat grafting.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. sizers will also help in deciding on a range for breast implant size. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

It is important to understand that larger implants come with higher risk of malposition complications.  These can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Volume to Size Ratio

+1

If you are a 34 B, then each 100 cc's will be 1 cup size change.  To become a DD, you will need 300 cc's implants.  However, this also assumes that this amount can be placed underneath the pectoralis major muscle.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Volume for DD Cup Result

+1

There is no exact formula for ccs of implant for a certain cup size and one's current breast size certainly plays a role, but there are some general guidelines. For a small women, about 150ccs make a one cup size change. Using that approach, it appears that about 400cc to 450cc will get you to where you want to be.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

300 to 400 should get you where you want to go

+1

The DD might not be possible unless your chest is a 32, though the picture of your goal is something you should be able to get very close to with a 300 to 400cc submuscular saline breast imlplant. We have to have a range in mind as the goal is the 'look' and not the number which you will soon forget. The look you should see every day. The implant size can be sorted out by an experienced surgeon during the procedure.

Hello

+1

In our practice we like to tell our patients that 225cc is about one cup size. If your a small C cup and wants a DD the range you want to look into is 420-460cc. good luck

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.
Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. I would suggest that you not base your communication  or your satisfaction with the results of surgery on achieving a specific cup size. 
I would also suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you are looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.
Again, the preoperative communication of goals is critical.  Once you feel comfortable that you have communicated your goals clearly ( assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully),  you will likely feel comfortable allowing him/her to choose the appropriate breast implants for you.

Implant Size to Achieve your Goals

+1

Your question is likely the most common question with respect to breast augmentation.
I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Please see a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Volume to Achieve D Cup

+1

Generally speaking women of your height and weight need approximately 200 ccs to increase 1 cup size.  So I would suggest somewhere in the high 300s to low 400s to achieve your cup size goals.  Keep in mind, cup size varies from the different manufacturers.  There is no standardization.  You have great anatomy and should have an excellent result - similar to the posted "wish pic."

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon