What Size Implant Should I Go For? I Am Currently a 34D. (photo)

I am wanting silicone implants placed under the muscle to achieve a perky round look. I am unsure of the size I should go for. My breasts are not very perky but look great in a pushup bra. I am 5'6" and 135 lbs. I would like to be at least a full DD but am unsure how many cc's that would be and what would be too large.

Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy to determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's and body proportions than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Perky DD cup

+1

I agree that from the pictures provided it is impossible to determine what size of implant or whether you would even be a good candidate for a straight up breast augmentation. Women who have your breast cup have breasts that have either sag or have a big void in the upper pole of the breast. Based on 27 years of cosmetic breast surgery I would caution you on your expectations. This type of breast will never be "perky". As a matter of fact, you will be sadly disappointed if this is your expectation. Whe woman has a D cup, the anatomy of that breast is totally different than a woman who comes in with an A cup who subsequently has a breast augmenation.

Make sure you check beforehand to see if you would benefit more from a breast lift with insertion of breast implants. Good luck.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

What size for DD?

+1

It is difficult to answer this question with the photos provided.  An in office exam where measurements of your breast can be taken is the best way to get you an accurate answer.  I would recommend you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery.  After a thorough exam and consultation you should have a clear understanding of what you need to achieve your desired result

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Best implant size for you

+1

Your question is likely the most common question with respect to breast augmentation.
I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

See a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

How Many ccs from a D to a DD?

+1
Thank you for your picture and your question.  The picture you sent with the bra on makes it difficult to determine if an implant alone will suffice or if you need a lift also to get to perky and a DD.  From the appearance of your breasts in the bra, I have a suspicion you need a lift.  The obvious answer is you need a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in augmentations and lifts.
There are many types of lifts available, but the dual plane mastopexy gives the option of lifting the nipple, lifting the breast, and the ability to use a large implant all at the same time.  The determination of whether you are a good candidate or not should be made in your consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Best implant for a DD look

+1

Starting from a D cup it might take a fuller implant than you might guess to get up to the DD cup. Everyone looks fuller in a push-up bra don't they? We can't see how the skin envelope is and can't judge such issues as need for a lift, or under the muscle or subglandular placement. Start with a consultation and focus on the 'look' rather than the implant number.

What Size Implant Should I Go For? I Am Currently a 34D

+1

You need to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that can examine you and offer you options to achieve your aesthetic goal. It's difficult to tell in the photo, but one option may be a breast lift to achieve the "perky" look that you desire, or your other option may be an implant. Size of the implants and details regarding both procedures would be discussed during the consultation process!

Kenneth A. Marshall, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

What Size Implant Should I Go For? I Am Currently a 34D.

+1

In bra photo not helpful in seeing the position or droop of your breasts. My guess is a 400 cc implant but only a guess. Seek in person evaluations from boarded PS in your city. 

Cup size and implant volume

+1

Choosing the right implant for you requires a good exam and a review of your goals. It is best to discuss that in person during consultation.  It is impossible to guess what would be right for you in this forum.

What Size Implant Should I Go For

+1

This would be determined with an in person consultation, and will depend on many factors.  You may need a lift, but this cannot be determined without an exam.  Best to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Good Luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon