I Can Feel my Silicone Implant Under the Tuck of my Skin. is It Normal?

Had breast implants 11 months ago and no problems to date. Just recently I have noticed under my right breast I can fit my fingers under my implant. I had my implants under the muscle as I have no breast tissue. I went from a 'aa' to a big 'c'. I can only feel it on my right breast and am concerned that it is not correctly in my muscle wall ? Can anyone advise pls ?

Implant palpability

+1

It is quite common to be able to feel your breast implant in the lower pole. There is often not alot of soft tissue coverage in this area.

Hello

+1

Feeling the implant 11 month post-surgery is normal. Your scar tissue has not completely surrounded your implant there’s a chance you will not feel it as much as time goes by. Make sure you follow up with your PS to make sure it’s nothing else.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Feeling Breast Implant Normal?

+1

Based on your description and the timing of your  findings in relation to the breast augmentation surgery,  is very likely that you are feeling the breast implant as it has fully “settled” into the dissected pocket. Most breast implants are positioned under the pectoralis muscle superiorly and are  outside of the coverage of the pectoralis muscle inferiorly. Therefore, as they fully “settle” they may become more palpable inferiorly.  this occurrence is “normal” to some degree.

Sometimes, breast implants can settle too much,  causing significant rippling/palpability of the breast implant and/or significant breast asymmetry. If this is the case, revisionary breast surgery may be necessary to improve the situation. Following up with your plastic surgeon will be in your best interests.  Physical examination will be necessary for precise advice.