"Moderate Classic" Vs "Moderate Plus"?

I had a consult yesterday with a PS, who recommended I go with a 275cc moderate plus implant. I am looking for something with less profile, so I asked if he would do moderate and he said it would look like a pancake... is this true??? I called today to double check and he said he would do it if I want but only with 250cc...Bummer, I loved the width of the 275. Will the moderate really look like a pancake? lol! I am 5'7, 110lbs, 32A. Thanks!

Corrrect implant for you

+1

Everybody's approach is different but we concentrate on diameter , and not volume, as the begining and defining measurement to get the most natural look.  At 5'7" I would venture to say that your diameter is more like 14 cm.  At that measured diameter I would put your volume closer to 350 cc+ without looking over done or too obvious.  The most common complaint after breast augmentation is a regret to have gone a little bigger.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

"Moderate Classic" Vs "Moderate Plus"?

+1

For a given volume of breast implant in cc's that a patient wishes to add to her current breast tissue volume, the different profiles of implant differ in width and projection. The wider implant is less projecting, the narrower implant is more projecting. But, I have to say, in these moderate sizes, the differences between Moderate Classic and Moderate Plus is just not that dramatic.  People with wide breasts who chose a small implant need a wider implant to match their breast width and may need a Moderate Classic implant. People with a narrower chest and breast width who chose larger implants may need a narrower implant for that volume, and hence a High Profile implant.  Most people's breast widths are more average and the sizes they choose are more average and we end up using the Moderate Plus more than any other profile...a nice compromise between adequate width and nice projection. There is enough variation between how one surgeon and another measures the breast width that I would not get exceedingly worried over that possibility that your breasts will end up looking like pancakes!

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Hello

+1

A moderate implant does not have enough projection and a Moderate plus. I sounds like you are being very modest and you’re going up about one cup size. If that is what you’re looking for 275 sounds right. Good luck.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Implant choice

+1

The moderate implants are definitely lower projecting than the moderate plus, it really depends upon the fit and goals.

MP vs. MPP

+1

Good Morning, and thank you for your question. "Pancake" is not the first word that comes to mind in regards to a Moderate Profile implant. It really all comes down to what look you desire. With the Moderate Profile the base or diameter of the implant is wider. This will give you a rounder look with about a 1 and a 1/2 centimeter less projection that the Moderate Plus Profile Implant. In my opinion, the rounder look with a bit less projection is a more desirable look. However, with that being said, it all comes down to you and what result will bring you the most satisfaction!

James E. Murphy M.D

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Shaping the Breast with Implant Profiles: 3D Imaging Might Help!

+1

The different implant profiles offer us great options for shaping the breast, but each patient's anatomy plays a role in defining the best fit.

The width of the chest determines how wide the implant can be without risking complications like too much lateral fullness (especially when lying back), seeing or feeling the edge of the implant or ripples.

Experts amy not always agree: there are few absolutes, but an experienced plastic surgeon can guide you toward the option that best meets your desires and physical requirements (or limitations!).

Our patients have found seeing their images on the 3D Simulator to be very beneficial for visualizing and comparing the results between different implant profiles. You may want to give the 3D imaging a try.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Moderate profile implants will not leave your breasts looking like pancakes.

+1

Moderate profile implants (the lowest of 3 profiles) were the only implants available for decades and they were fine.  Higher profile implants (more volume with less increase in diameter) were introduced for aesthetic options.  They are selected based on the patient's anatomy and expectations. 

Choosing your Breast Implant Profile and Size?

+1

With all due respect, even pancakes come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Therefore, using a description of a food or fruit item is not really helpful when discussing patient's goals and/or potential surgical outcomes. 

If I were seeing you in consultation, I would ask that you clarify what you mean by  achieving a  result with “less profile”. My concern is that terms such as these may mean different things to different people. Therefore, I would ask that you bring in “goal pictures” of what you would like to achieve. It is also helpful to view pictures of breasts that you feel are too small or too big… Viewing goal pictures without clothing are most helpful.

I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "huge and fake” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

After direct examination and a full communication of  your goals, it is likely that your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with some guidelines as to what size/profile/ type of breast implants  will most likely help achieve your goals.
Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   I suggest that you allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.