Capsular contraction, big gap between the breasts, and maybe bottoming out? (Photo)

I am 5'8 and 56 kg, before surgery, one year ago, I was 32b, I got 450 cc hp profile, silicone, under the muscle. In my left breast I have capsular contraction, and I suspect that I have bottoming out on the right side, my breast looks low,wide and to the sides, and nipple pointed up and to the right:( I really want to get a nice cleavage and to get an upper full,round look. What procedures do I need? I decided to go with bigger implant, can't decide which one I need for that 500cc HP or 600cc?

Capsular contraction, big gap between the breasts, and maybe bottoming out?

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.  It is possible, however that you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery that will likely include maneuvers such as adjustment of the breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy),  the use of acellular dermal matrix if capsular contracture is present, and/or adjustment of the breast implant size/profiles. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery (after the use of temporary sizers assessed with you in the upright position).

I hope this (and the attached link, devoted to revisionary breast surgery) helps.

Revision surgery should resolve those issues.

+2
If you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast implant revision surgery, I think that all of your concerns can be resolved. Be sure to bring the photos of your ideal look with you to your consultation, and don’t worry too much about how many ccs you should choose. It’s your surgeon’s job to determine that based on your goals. Also, cleavage is often dependent on your anatomy. If your breasts are naturally further apart, they won’t be pushed together during surgery. As always, it’s important to maintain realistic results about what you can expect after your revision.

David N. Sayah, MD, FACS

+2
If you increase the size you might be just chasing your tail.. You need to obtain perfect symmetry first than as a second operation increase the volume size... 

Internal bra for revision for combination implant issues

+2
Diagnosis of a capsular contracture would require an in-person exam, but the photos do appear to show some bottoming out on the right side. They also appear to be relatively large implants which are difficult to support in a thin person, so be cautious about going larger. One option might be an internal bra using SERI Scaffold silk, Strattice, or similar material to hold the implants up an closer together. If you do have a CC, then this will be very important because the treatment will involve removal of the scar capsule, leaving even thinner tissue to support the implants.

Richard Baxter, MD

Breast implant revision all surgery

+1
Thanks for the question.  I think the challenges you are facing center more on the balance, capsular contracture removal and bottoming out correction.  It would certainly confuse your overall correction by increasing the size of the implants 

my recommendation would be to try to
correct the obvious problems first.

Good luck to you.

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Bottoming out

+1
Yes, it looks like you have some "bottoming out" on the right side.
Typically, we see these 3 features when this happens:
1) loss of upper pole fullness
2) upward orientation of the nipple
3) increased distance from nipple down to infra-mammary fold.

This could probably be fixed with internal suturing of the pocket, reinforced with Strattice or similar material.  I would advise against going larger - the extra weight of the implant works against the chances of the repair healing properly.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Breast augmentation, sizing, #cosmeticsurgery #breastcontouring

+1
Dear BeautifulBreasts

Thank you for your question!  The capsule contracture and the bottoming out can be challenging - especially with large implants in a small frame like yours.  A detailed consultation is very important- as the long term consequences- such as the need for MORE surgery are serious.
You should discuss this with your surgeon- the favorable procedures such as Strattice and SERI have their own risks and do not necessarily prevent long term issues.
With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD