Do Calf Implant Patients Have to Avoid Certain Sports and Activities in the Long Term?

I have come across a legal journal where a calf implant patient suffered severe complications and was suing the surgeon, in the article it was quoted that: "People who receive the implants are advised to avoid sports that have a lot of contact or impact, like football or basketball. Running speeds are also decreased". I would like to know how accurate this statement is? From research I didn't think this procedure would be that restrictive but I would like to know other surgeons advice on this?

Calf Implants

+1

Calf implants are a good option for patients with naturally small calves who want to create a fuller, more sculpted look in this area. They can also benefit patients who have congenital deformities or injuries in this area.

The implants are placed through a small incision behind the knee. They are placed beneath the fascia, which is a thick covering over the muscle. In many cases, two implants are placed in each leg to mimic the natural shape of the calf muscle. A small plastic drain may be used and will be in place for several days. The legs are placed in a mildly compressive wrap for several days after surgery. Patients usually return to work in 7-10 days. More strenuous activities should be avoided for 4-6 weeks. After 6 weeks patients can return to full play sports or do physical activities.

Exercise and running after Calf Implant surgery can be done

+1

After undergoing a Calf Augmentation it is advised to take 3 to 6 weeks off of running and exercising. Patients do return to full exercise, running, skiing and even ice hockey after Calf Augmentation surgery. Having this procedure done by a qualified surgeon is key.