Buttons on Invisalign Braces, Do They Come Off?

Just got invisalign braces on..i however am not happy with turnout! I was not told about these "button" that they have put all over my teeth. They are ugly and hurt so bad if I want to eat! I look like I have a grill in my mouth. Will these come off soon and I will wear the reg trays? Or will they stay on the whole time?really wish I would have kept my $4,000 and my old smile!

"Buttons"with Invisalign?

+1

I assume by "buttons" you mean the tooth colored attachments that engage indentations on the aligners. These are an important part of the mechanism that moves your teeth in to position - and in most cases patients adapt to them quite easily. I do find, in some cases, that I can make patients more comfortable by slighly rounding and polishing the edges of the attachments. If your discomfort persists, I suggest you ask your orthodonitst if doing a bit of that might help relieve your problem.

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Buttons during invisalign

+1

Unfortunately buttons a necessity invisalign as they allow us to move teeth in certain directions.  They are worn throughout treatment and are taken off when your case is finished.  They are new and almost everyone gets used to them without incident.  Good luck with your case

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist