Is It Common to Have Jaw Pain when First Starting out on Invisalign?

Is it common to have jaw pain when first starting out on invisalign? I'm almost done my first set of aligners...i will be moving to tray 2 by the end of the week.

JAW PAIN IS UNCOMMON WITH INVISALIGN TREATMENT

+1

Jaw pain is not usual, but not unheard of when beginning Invisalign treatment. When it does occur, I generally ask patients to reduce the number of hours the aligners are worn each day - say to twelve hours. This usually allows the problem to resolve itself. Then when the patient is comfortable we begin incrementally increasing the hours of aligner wear. I suggest you speak with your orthodontist about this approach and be sure it is consistent with your treatment plan.

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Jaw Discomfort in Invisalign

+1

It is not uncommon. I had some during treatment my self, which resolved on it's own. Mine was primarily tenderness int he am.

The cause of this is usually increase in grinding. WHICH ironically is wonderful for getting a good result from the trays. If it begins to effect your mood, make sure to discuss with your doctor.

Just an fyi, on the flip side I have had people with TMJ get relief while wearing the trays.

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Pain when starting Invisalign

+1

It is very common for patients to experience a painful pressure feeling whenever a new set of aligners are introduced. It usually subsides after a day or 2.

New York Cosmetic Dentist