Is a Butt-Out or Butt-Covered Compression Garment Better After Fat Graft to the Butt?

Hi, I am having fat graft to the butt following liposuction as well as a breast lift. Which type of compression garment is better, one with the butt out or one that covers the butt. Thank you for your response

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Specialized compression garments after fat grafting

+1

This is one of our most popular surgeries here in our Miami practice. We strongly feel that the right compression garment is essential to creating a beautiful result after the surgery. For this reason, we have designed a specific compression garment and have it tailor-made here in Miami. This garment allows compression to the areas where the patient has received liposuction and does not compress the areas of fat grafting. Patients appreciate the comfort and support the garment provides and how the garment will mitigate the swelling and help them quickly achieve their results.

Were you happy with the before and after photos you saw before surgery?

+4

Plastic Surgeons all have different ways of doing things. If you saw before and after photos of patients of the Plastic Surgeon you chose, and you were happy with the results that you saw, then I would trust your surgeons recommendations. Obviously, his techniques work for him.

Web reference: http://www.danielmarkmannmd.com/category/buttocks-augmentation-fat-grafting/

Compression

+3

You should use what your surgeon wants you to use. Your surgeon  has a way of doing things and the way that you wear compression garments should be in accord with him/her.

I use tight garments that do cover the buttocks because that helps to reduce the swelling, the shape and the recovery.

Butt out

+2

In my experience butt out is better, the way the fat stays is tiny little blood vessels grow into the fat, allot of compression may hinder this and you may loose more.  I also recommend putting very little pressure on the buttocks for the first few weeks.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+2

Follow the instructions of your surgeon...................................................................................

Butt-Covered Compression Garment Best following Fat Graft

+1

Compression Garment Instructions and Purpose after Brazilian Butt Lift
The short answer is that your butt needs to be inside the compression garment to minimize swelling.
Most important is to follow your surgeon's advise. He/She has specific reasons for their recommendations. In general this is what I recommend to my patients - wear their garments for a minimum of 3 weeks full time then for 12 hrs (day or night). if not a lot of redundant skin following liposuction to a maximum of 6 weeks. To be effective the garment needs to fit snug but not too tight as to cause pressure problems (inspect your skin if discomfort and when skin is exposed), or prevent you from sleeping. As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits - A Spanx type garment would work rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor;'s office.
Following Liposuction and Fat transfer procedures used in the Brazilian butt lift,  the compression garments are required for three main reasons:
It restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure
It decreases the amount of bruising
It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking in the liposuction areas
The length of time that the garment is worn varies dependent on the amount of fat removed, the elastic nature of your skin, how much loose skin remains at the liposuction site or how much swelling from edema in the buttocks you have and other factors. Your surgeon would give you the best advise. However in general this is the routine for my patients.
The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression  garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in and confirm that it fits well.
Most important advise is to listen to your surgeon's advice as he best knows how much fat was removed in the donor sites and transferred into the buttocks, and other factors mentioned above

Butt in or out during brazilain butt lift

+1

Because I generally perform liposuciton in close proximity to the fat inected areas, I tend to use a compression garment to apply pressure to the liposuction treated areas which also happens to cover the buttocks,

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/brazilian-butt-lift/