What Do I Do About Bumps Along Suture Line (Stitches Out) Post-lower Bleph?

I had lower blepharoplasty two weeks ago, and the dr. removed the stitches 5 days later. I have a line of bumps along the suture line of both eyes. What can I do to make these go away? Can the dr. remove them at this point?

Wow. I guess no one talks to their surgeon anymore.

+2

Time will resolve these bumps.  Presumably your surgeon has removed the remaining suture.  If not this should be done.  The bumps typically fully resolve.  Occasionally, a small cyst can form.  This is so common, it can not be  regarded as a complication, more an annoyance.  These cysts should they form are easily dealt with in the office setting.  It is impossible to know at this point if any of these bumps will be come cysts but time will determine this.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Suture line bumps

+1

As you note, you are two weeks post-blepharoplasty and the "bumps" you note could be either part of the healing process or small cysts.  Definitely bring this to your surgeon's attention and monitor the progress of the healing.  In all likelihood, they will resolve gradually and no intervention would be required at this early post-operative stage. 

Bumps along the suture line post blepharoplasty

+1

Bumps along the suture line post blepharoplasty should be observed for several weeks.   Once you have healed completely, should they persist as true cysts, they can be removed and shouldn't require sutures.   I agree that you are too early for any intervention and talking to your surgeon is your best option at this stage.   Try to be patient.

Bumps post eyelid surgery

+1

Its too early for anything.  These small "bumps" should resolve on their own.  THere is no need to apply any medications or ointments in my opinion. I would simply apply scar cream and gently massage that area with a q tip.  This will allow the scar area to soften with time.  If you are too aggressive it may lead to more problems in my opinion.  Be patient.

Dr. Vasisht- South Shore Plastic Surgery

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Bumps along suture line after blepharoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. First, do not hesitate seek advice from your surgeon especially during the early postoperative period. The small 'bumps' that you describe are commonly seen during the early healing period. They typically resolve without any intervention. If the appearance worsens or does not improve with time, there are treatment options available. Good luck. 

Web reference: http://www.pearsonmd.com/eyelid-surgery.htm

Healing after eyelid surgery

+1

the bumps are generally a normal reaction to sutures

they usually resolve over several weeks.  gentle massage , time,  warm and cold compresses may help

occasional steroid such as maxitrol or tobradex can be of benefit

+1

Bumps along the suture lines are not an uncommon occurrence after blepharoplasties (upper or lower).  These will usually flatten out over a period of 4 - 6 weeks.  Occasionally, one might notice some white bumps as well which are little cysts that will also disappear with time.  Nothing need to be done - a little tincture of time takes care of these minor problems.

Web reference: http://www.josephtogbamd.com

Oakland Plastic Surgeon

+1

The bumps are the lower eyelid skin's response to the sutures and should flatten and disappear over time.  I'd give it a few more weeks and then ask your plastic and cosmetic surgeon, that did your eyelid surgery if they persist.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com