What is Causing My Uneven Eyes?

My left eye is little bit higher than the right eye, the problem is when I am tired or didn't have a good sleep, the left eye would be even more higher than the right eye. I feel that the muscle above then left eye is never relaxed, it is always very tense, my left eyebrow is also higher than the right eyebrow. Would the muscle make an eye appear to be higher? When I am not tired and had a good sleep, the left eye sometimes appears to be even. What could be causing this uneven eyes? the muscle?

No photo which would be helpful.

+2

You most likely have a left upper eyelid ptosis and are compensating with the eyebrow position.  As you fatigue late in the day, does the left upper eyelid come down?  I recommend you see an oculoplastic surgeon for an assessment.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a web site with a geographic directory to help you find a highly qualified surgeon who can assist you (asoprs.org).

Eyelid ptosis

+1

Without a photo this is a difficult thiong to answer, but it sounds like you have a left upper eyelid ptosis, and you are tired of holding it up by th eend of the day.  The higher brow is further evidence of this.  Seek an ASOPRS trained oculoplastic surgeon to addres this problem.

Robert Schwarcz, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis

+1

It is diffcult to assess without a photo but it sounds like you have upper lid ptosis with brow elevation/compensation. This can be more pronounced when one is tired.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon for proper assessment and discussion of options.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon