Bump formed on nose after Frisbee accident. Can anything be done about bump? (photo)

In the 5th grade I was hit in the nose with a frisbee. I iced it and it felt as if it was broken. There was no blood. What resulted from this accident was a bump on the nose. I never had a bump on the nose before but as I am now in college it is far more noticeable and i feel as if any little hit in the nose can make it worse. Bump is more noticeable in the side view rather than in the front. I am from Nj and considering the non surgical procedure but fearing that after it wears out the problem area will only be worse. Also if anything can be done about the bump.

Rhinoplasty for Nose Bump

+1
Surgical management via rhinoplasty is my preference as it is permanent, especially given your young age. In addition, depending on the type of bump you have, filling it may cause the aesthetics to not match the rest of the nose.

Fixing a bump on the nose

+1
Rhinoplasty surgery would be necessary to correct a nasal hump. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He/she will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used, where your surgeon can morph a photo of you. This will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Bump formed on nose after Frisbee accident. Can anything be done about bump?

+1
The hump can be reduced through a closed rhinoplasty approach with minimal downtime and permanent results.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Non-Surgical procedure for nose bump correction

+1
Based from you photos, you are not a good candidate for filler injection (non-surgical option). As discerned from your oblique view photo, injecting filler above or below the hump will make your nose too high which may appear masculine. A simple surgery may correct the bump once you are more ready for it. 

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose

+1
Stephanieduran, you need a fairly routine rhinoplasty. See several rhinoplasty specialists and look at many of their photos. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical correction of the dorsal hump- is it worthwhile?

+1
Non- surgical correction of the dorsal hump usually consists of placing a filler into the areas just above and just below the hump for camouflage. If an absorbable filler is used, the procedure needs to be repeated so often. Based on your photo your dorsal hump is fairly prominent and I am not sure you'd be able to get a nice results with fillers. In your case, surgery is definitely a much better option. It will provide you with a better result and a long term correction. It will be financially more lucrative in the long run as well. 

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Non Surgery for A Nasal Bump?

+1
Why non-surgery? You will be throwing money away. When the injected material absorbs, you will have the same bump. 

Based on pictures alone, your bump can easily be removed with nasal surgery. In my NJ practice, this procedure costs $4100 which includes all fees: professional, anesthesia, and surgicenter.
Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon