Uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty - particularly when smiling Will a revision correct this? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty in 2008, my plastic surgeon reduced the tip and the alar base. One thing that bothers me is that the right nostril sits higher than the left nostril, this is particularly noticable when I smile. The two sides look slightly different when looking at me front on but the assymetry is very noticeable when looking at the nostrils. Is this something that can be corrected in a revision?

Uneven Nostril after Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Chloe555,

Did you have any L-shaped implant or strut graft placed during your rhinoplasty surgery because it may be too long or it may be deviated.
It appears to me from your photos that the columella itself is the one that's deviated and is causing the asymmetry. Rectifying the columella should correct this problem before resorting to revise the right alar which may lead to external alar asymmetry instead.  

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril A

+1
A minor revision of your right nasal base may correct the width and the shape. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon