What is the Best Way to Make my Nose Stronger and Fix Low Radix?

I have a low radix and nose that is quite small and isn't very symmetrical with the rest of the face. I need to increase volume of nose to make it more masculine. I am not sure nosejob would have a good risk/reward ratio as there are not many surgeons specializing in this type of procedure, most of hte time people want a smaller nose. I thought about fillers as a solution as well. The question is - what is the best, most efficient and recommended solution for a small nose?

Options for a low radix

+1

The best way to augment a low radix will depend upon the degree of augmentation desired and amount of material required. Filler injections are not recommended at all and in the nose due to many complications that have occurred in the past.  The rhinoplasty procedure to augment the radix is either performed with the patient’s own septal cartilage from the nose or with a synthetic implant.  A moderately low radix is typically treated with cartilage graft from the internal portion of the nasal septum.  A significantly low radix such as commonly seen in the Asian population would require a synthetic silastic implant.  This is the easiest and most efficient way to augment a low radix.  In addition, the augmentation is reversible as the implant can be removed or exchanged for a smaller or larger size relatively easy, although this does require an additional surgery.  This implant will give more dorsal projection and make the nose appear longer and larger.  

Rhinoplasty can give you the nose you desire.

+1
Rhinoplasty is an excellent procedure for changing the appearance of one’s nose. This can involve a variety of options for correction. Those desiring a stronger appearance can have their nasal bridge built up with either tissue from their own body (ear cartilage, nasal cartilage, rib graft) or a synthetic implant. Most physicians prefer, if possible, to use the patient’s own tissue. At the same time, patients with a low radix (root of the nose) can have this built up in much the same manner, again, typically a patient’s own tissue is ideal for this correction. Which tissue is used depends on the patient, what is available and the surgeon’s preference. Most surgeons recommend using the patient’s own tissue and ideally this would be septal cartilage as it is in the same surgical site and fairly easily accessible. In addition, often cartilage has been removed from the septum at the same time for improving breathing or for other uses in the rhinoplasty procedure. Rhinoplasty techniques have improved over time allowing safer procedures and more natural results. Giving a nose a stronger appearance and correcting the radix can fairly easily be done with today’s techniques.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the short nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the short nose with a low radix can benefit from a radix graft of your own tissue from the inside of the nose. If the tip needs refinement this can be done at the same time. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

How to make my nose appear more masculine.

+1

From your pictures, it looks like you could benefit from a raised dorsal bridge.  I prefer using a straight silastic dorsal inplant for this purpose.  If the nasal tip needs to be refined, this can be done at the same time all through a closed Rhinoplasty.