Bruising, Numbness After Breast Augmentation

I recently got a breast augmentation, its been 9 days. My left implant has fallen into place I believe, and my right one is still very swollen and sore. I also have what I believe to be a hematoma on my right breast, almost on my ribs. The right side is swollen to my collar bone, and down my arm. I have a huge bruise to my right elbow from armpit, and the underneath of my arm has a numb feeling? Is this normal? Will the right breast be normal?

Breast implant augmentation surgery and hematoma

+1

From the appearance of your picture, it appears as if you will benefit from exploration and evacuation of the hematoma but other surgeons may be willing to treat this less aggressively with observation.

Contact your surgeon if any concerns after breast augmentation

+1

Although breasts swell and heal differently, you should contact and be seen by your surgeon right away.  Having a bruise as you describe is outside of the ordinary and you may need to have a blood collection evacuated. If you do have a hematoma, allowing it to absorb on its own could lead doen the path of hardness and capsule.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

You need to see your doctor

+1

Based on the pictures,you have hematoma over the right breast. You need to see your doctor to evaluate you and treat you ASAP. If the hematoma is not drained, you will get capsular contracture . The other risk is infection .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Right Breast Hematoma - requires re-operation

+1

You need to contact your surgeon immediately. You have a definite very large blood collection / hematoma of the right breast which requires urgent evacuation. i would contact your surgeon ASAP and make sure you have not eaten or drank anything until he/she tells you it's OK to do so. We cannot operate safely when there is food or drink in the stomach. Eating or drinking will needlessly delay your operation.

Hematoma after breast augmentation needs urgent drainage.

+1

Hi.

See your plastic surgeon right away. It looks like you have a large hematoma in your right breast after breast implants. I think from your picture that you need an operation to remove the hematoma as soon as possible.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)