How Would a Brow Lift Affect the Wrinkles in my Forehead?

How long could I expect the results of the brow lift to last?

Brow lift vs. forehead wrinkles.

+3

A brow lift unfurls the forehead skin.  Muscle activity is reduced between the eyes.  Overactivity in the central forehead  is best treated with Botox or Dysport.  Tailored brow positioning is the beauty of the surgical lift.

Brow Lift Effects and Results

+1
A brow lift procedure allows wrinkles to relax. This will give your face a more gentle appearance, and will aid in restoring your upper facial region to youth. The effects of this procedure are usually very satisfactory and long-lasting. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Brow lift expectations

+1

Brow lifts, especially open (non-endoscopic) ones, typically have long-term to permanent results.

If your forehead has horizontal wrinkles it could be because you are involuntarily lifting your droopy brows.  After a brow lift you will not need to do this and the wrinkles do typically diminish.

Sam Naficy, MD

Browlift for forehead wrinkles

+1

Browlifts do not truly improve wrinkles in the forehead. The operation mostly repositions the eyebrows in a more youthful position.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Browlift is generally a once in a lifetime operation.

+1

Seldom do browlifts have to be redone.  The muscles that generate unwanted creases and furrows are damaged so that their excursion is reduced or eliminated.  Generally this lasts for many years.

+1

A Brow Lift can soften lines in the Glabella and central forehead (between vertical lines drawn through each pupil) as part of the Brow Lift procedure.  The Coronal Brow Lift remains the gold standard for Brow Lift procedures IMO.  

Wrinkles After Brow Lift

+1

A brow lift has its main effect on raising the brow. During the procedure, the surgeon may remove some of the muscles responsible for active from lines. Other wrinkles, line the lines across the forehead may get better but not totally go away.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift and Wrinkles?

+1

“Wrinkles” caused by muscle animation ( such as the frontalis  muscle causing transverse forehead lines  or corrugated/procerus  muscles causing frown lines)  can be treated at the time of brow lifting surgery. The muscles responsible for causing these lines can be divided partially.

On the other hand, superficial lines that are present at rest may not be affected by the interruption of underlying muscles and therefore will not necessarily be  improved upon by forehead  lifting. These lines may need to be treated with resurfacing techniques such as peels  or lasers.

The use of fillers and/or Botox may also be helpful.

Effect of Browlift on Forehead Wrinkles

+1

The main purpose of brow lift surgery is to lift the brows and if necessary improve hairline position with our Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision , but wrinkles will be improved depending on the technique used. For example, the wrinkles will be decreased more if the forehead muscles are interrupted. Evaluating brow position, I have 10 -15 year results but wrinkles can return much quicker. Botox injections are always the treatment of choice for the wrinkles.

Improving forehead wrinkles with a brow lift

+1

Brow lift and forehead lift are 2 terms for the same thing. The cause of forehead wrinkles is hyperactivity of the muscles used to raise the eybrows, so if there is some sagging of the brow the muscles are working constantly to hold the brow up. This results in folding the skin into wrinkles that become set after a time. So in raising the brow surgically, the muscles can relax and the wrinkles soften. It is a long-lasting procedure.

Richard Baxter, MD