Temporal Browlift Better Choice for Lateral Hooding? I Do Not Want Scars in Crows Feet

Brow lift for temporal hooding

+1

Other types of brow lifts (endoscopic, hairline, coronal)  also improve lateral hooding and none of these require placing incisions in the crows feet

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/brow_lift.php

Temporal hooding

+1

Yes, in general, temporal hooding is nicely corrected with a temporal brow lift, with an incision hidden in the hair laterally.  Many people who have this also require an upper blepharoplasty, though.  Careful pre-op marking is important to avoid over-resection of the upper eyelid skin when combining and upper bleph. and a forehead lift.

Treatment options for lateral hooding

+1

Yes and no. You really need to have an assessment of eyelid skin laxity and brow drooping. Blepharoplasty and/or browlift may be necessary depending on the analysis.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/brow-forehead.html

+1

Temporal Brow Lifts will raise the eyebrows up decreasing the amount of lateral hooding on the upper eyelids.  This assumes that your eyebrows are low in their aesthetic position.  If they are not, the solution is a much simpler upper eyelid surgery to remove excess skin.  Only an in person evaluation can determine which is the correct option in your particular case.  The plastic and cosmetic surgeon literally needs to stand behind you and assess the aesthetic position of your eyebrows and the effects this position has on the amount of excess upper eyelid skin.  Do not have any procedure done untiul this has been assessed properly.  Hope this helps.  I've never been a fan of the hairline incisions used for any type of Brow Lifts.  This incision removes the small villous hairs that create a natural break in the hairline, IMHO.  

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Temporal forehead lift vs. hairline forehead lift.

+1

Temporal forehead lift vs. hairline forehead lift are the choices for the hooding. The hairline forehead lift will give a more natural look and better forehead lift in my opinion because it reverses the effects of gravity and does not produce that evil look!

Brow lift excellent option to correct lateral eye lid "hooding"

+1

A brow lift incision can be hidden in the scalp and successfully correct lateral eye lid hooding. It's a very common and easy procedure to perform. Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon to get the best possible result. Best wishes, Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Temporal lift and incisions

+1

Lateral hooding is typically the result of two contributing factors: brow descent and excess eyelid skin.  Subsequently, it is difficult to completely improve lateral hooding without addressing both components. 

The incisions for a temporal lift are hidden within the scalp and are concealed well.  The incision for an upper blepharoplasty can extend into the crows feet area or can be completely within the upper eyelid crease. 

During a consultation I am typically able to show patients what they can expect with just a temporal lift,  just an eyelid lift or both. 

Hope this helps

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temporal Browlift For Lateral Hooding

+1

A temporal browlift is a very effective procedure for improving lateral eyelid hooding. With a discrete incision inside or at the temporal hairline, it produces an immediate improvement with virtually no swelling or bruising in the eye area/ There is a minimal role for direct excision in the crow's feet area. While the resultant scar in the crow's feet area can heal quite heal, it is never completely invisible. There is no guarantee how well it will look and, once it exists, there is no magic eraser to get rid of it.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/browlift.html

Temporal browlift

+1

A lateral or temporal browlift gives a very attractive correction of lateral hooding. Don't do a crows feet excision. You will have a scar forever, no matter how "invisible" it is to others, you will always see it. Also consider botox maintenance for the maximum improvement.

Temporal browlift is a great choice

+1

A temporal browlift is a avery effective method to alleviate lateral hooding of the eyelid, particularly if you want to avoid a scar within the crow's feet area.  Although crows feet scars should be barely visible once healed, they may indeed by noticeable.  The beaty of most browlift scars is that they are within the scalp or just at the hairline, making them impossible to detect once healed.  Good luck!

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.