I'm 18 yrs old. Are my Breasts Tubular?

Hello, I'm an 18 year old female and ever since I was about 14 I've been concerned that my breasts are tubular. However, when my nipples are erect (as pictured) they look perfectly fine in my opinion. It's almost as if the tissue gets pinched back and creates a rounder shape. But I don't have naturally erect nipples, they're quite puffy. In your professional opinion, are they tuberous? Because I'm young, do I still have a chance of developing more rounded breasts in the future?

Tubular or Tuberous breasts can be corrected

+6
The breast augmentation photo gallery on my website include before and after images of women with tubular breasts before surgery with very natural looking breasts after surgery. I attached a link below. Many women with tubular breasts wonder if they can have "normal" looking breasts. The answer is yes. be certain you fiund a plastic surgeon with expertise in this area.
In many breast augmentation patients, the inframammary fold needs to be lowered in order to allow the implant to rest at a level that appears natural relative to the position of the nipple and areola. Ideally the implant should be centered directly behind the nipple-areola complex (NAC). In profile, the natural-appearing breast is not convex in the upper pole, and an excessively convex and overly full upper pole is a dead giveaway that a breast implant sits below the skin. In addition, inadequate release of the inferior origin of the pectoralis major will allow the muscle to hold the implant in too high a position, and may even cause the implant to displace upwards (as high as the collar bone in some patients) when the muscle contracts. Patients with this problem require reoperation to release the inferior origin of the pec major and/or the inframammary fold.  

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tuburous Breasts

+2
Hi...So your breasts are fine if you are ok with them.  There is no perfect shape and ultimately all that matters is your self esteem.  You have some Tuburous elements to your breasts and if you desired you could improve them surgically with a benelli type lift.  Again only if you were unhappy.  Its unlikely that the shape will improve with time

Good Luck

Rady Rahban, MD

Tuberous Breasts is a Sub-Group of Constricted Breasts

+2
You appear to have constricted breasts. If you look carefully, the lower slope of the breast is a traight line instead of a gentle convex curve. As in tuberous breasts, which the contraction literally prevents the breast contents from bulging forward and assuming a hemispheric shaper. While the shape of a tuberous breast looks like tuber, or root, you have a milder form in which it is not AS constrictive by is nonetheless present. Your condition CAN be vastly improved with surgery but this is best done when you are older and you have the time to have it. Dr. PeterAldea

Tubular breasts

+2

Tubular breasts is a descriptive term that indicates certain features that are variably present to variable degrees. Some call it constricted breasts because the base of the breast is tight and yours have a bit of that characteristic. You have to remember that breasts come in all shapes and sizes. Very few are "perfect." Your breasts are going to develop the way they will and they will continue to change as you grow, age, become pregnant, etc. It doesn't matter what they look like or what they are called, if you are unhappy about some aspect whether it is shape, size, symmetry, sagging, degree of perkiness, then you can discuss changes with a surgeon. Whether or not you actual go through with any surgery is going to be a individual and joint decision with your surgeon.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Very Mild Case of Tuberous Breasts

+1
Your breasts appear to be mildly tuberous, however it could become less apparent in the next couple of years. Please wait until you're 19 or 20 years old, as that is roughly around the time breast development reaches maturity (pregnancy and weight gain can also contribute to shape changes).

Jerome Edelstein, MD

The most important thing is that you like the way they look

+1
You have mildly constricted, or "tuberous" breasts. They can be corrected with surgery, but the bottom line is if you're happy with the shape and size there is no need. Breasts come in all shapes and sizes- if you're happy with the appearance of yours there is no need to label them or have an operation. Best Wishes. 

Grant Stevens, MD

Tuberous Breasts / Breast augmentation

+1
You have a mildly tuberous component to your breasts at this point in time.  I would wait 2-3 more years as your breasts may continue to change over this period of time. If after this period of time you are still unhappy, this can be easily corrected.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Do I Have Tubular Breasts?

+1
The pictures show a somewhat constricted but not tubular breast. As you have noted, when the skin is tightened by areolar contraction the breast looks rounder. A surgical procedure can release some of this constriction after which localized fat grafting could be done to fill out the lower pole. Weight gain with more fat in the breast does not necessarily correct the constriction. This kind of shape persists and is unlikely to change. Overall, the breasts look good, and the best option may be to do nothing.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Tubular Breast

+1

Tubular or constricted breast is a spectrum of findings on the breast.  It can vary from mild to severe, and treatment can be a challenge.  Looking at your picture:  if you have it, it is mild and would respond well to augmentation, if certain steps are taken.  Your best option is to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in breast surgery.  They can examine you and give you your best options.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Tubular Breasts

+1

You appear to have a mild degree of a tubular breast with  a constricted base BUT I agree with the other posts that you probably don't need correction of this minor problem.

Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon