Tuberous Breast - What Profile is Best?

my first b/a my doc told me to go with a high profile, saying it 'pushes' out the breast (meaning the projection im sure) helping fix the look of tuberous breast, is this true ? i am having a revision and dont know if i should have mod+ or high profile i would say i have a small frame 163 cm tall 56 kgs, help plz, i want my breast to look very full and also perky without wearing a bra going for a 560cc.

Profile of implants best for tuberous or constricted breasts

+1

In my opinion, I believe I get a superior result with the high profile silione gel filled implants and the moderate plus saline implants filled to near capacity.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Best Implants for Tubular or Constricted Breasts

+1

For any type tubular or constricted breasts I do not recommend high profile implants. The reason is simple physics. a tubular or constricted breast is narrow to begin with. High profile implants have a narrower base than a moderate implant of the same volume. This means that the high profile implant will stretch out a smaller amount of skin to a greater degree. While the principle makes sense. the actual results tend to vary. The small amount of breast skin available will not tolerate so much stretching in one shot, often resulting in severe stretch marks. Specially when high volumes are involved. A gradual augmentation with an adjustable implant might decrease the rink of stretch marks

Ideally to improve a tubular breast, the more skin you can recruit safely, the better, so my advice is to go with moderate gels.

Best Implant for Tuberous Breasts

+1

Hi there-

Assuming that the goal is to achieve the most beautiful breast shape possible, whether your breasts are tuberous or not has little to do with the choice of implant- which should be chosen based on other body and chest wall/breast parameters.

The best advice I could give you is to choose a surgeon carefully and communicate your goals to them- then trust them to advise you on the details of the technique that is most likely to achieve those goals for you.

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2010/01/achieving-beautiful-breasts-you-desire.html#657

Tuberous breast , augmentation

+1

Tuberous breast are a difficult problem for any surgeon and each one is different.Without photo's it is not possible to say much about your situation.

You need to go to the Australian equivalent of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts and breast implants

+1

The simple answer is that true tuberous breast shapes are not corrected by breast implants regardless of the profile or volume. The implant acts like a pillow behind the breast and doesn't actually project up into the nipple-areola area of the front of the breast. In order to correct the anterior part of the tuberous breast, some type of mastopexy-type procedure will be required. This is one situation where a circum-areolar type procedure can be adequate as a vertical incision in the lower part of the breast is usually not needed. The point is not to think that the volume of the implant is going to solve anything related to the tuberous breast shape. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Is your tuberous breast corrected?

+1

Jenno,

Did the first breast augmentation correct your "tuberous" breast deformity?  If so, then why not stick to the high profile implants that you already have.  It sounds as if you are just looking to go larger.  We also have no idea of what your breasts look like right now, whether your implants are under or over the muscle or what size they are.  All of this information would be required to form any opinion as to what you should use for the revision.  See your plastic surgeon for a full discussion of the variables that play into the decision.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://francisnyplasticsurgery.com/breast_aug.asp

Tuberous breast - snoopy breast - constricted lower breast treatment

+1

Usually patients with a tuberous breast condition require a moderate plus or high profile implant and a modified lift of some type.

However far far more important thatn what type of implant to place is which surgeon to choose.

A 560 cc implant would be massive given the usual tuberous breast, but we cannot judge much without seeing a photograph.

Tuberous Breast - What Profile is Best

+1

Impossible to give accurate guidance WITHOUT a PHOTO! My guess is you need release of the "tuberous banding" with revision of the capsule. You might want a Alloderm graft to help or Adistem Fat grafting to tuberous areas. Best of luck. 

Best Profile for Tuberous Breast

+1

Because a tuberous breast has a narrow base width, the implant choice must fit, while expanding the breast to improve shape. That usually means a medium - or high-profile implant.

Your choice of a skilled surgeon will use his/her expertise to find the implant that will best accomplish that to give you the best aesthetic result.

Be sure you understand what trade-offs you may encounter.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Best Profile with Tuberous breasts

+1

With your small body frame and the large size implant (for your frame) that you would like, I would recommend High Profile.  The base will be large enough to give you the fullness you are looking for without going under the armpit too far. When you are in your plastic surgeons office look at the moderate profile and the high profile implant sizers such s 550cc gel sizers, so that you can see for yourself what the base diameter  difference is.  Have you considered gel implants?  They are more natural to the touch and they look more natural because as you age and your breast tissue thins and you will not see the degree of ripples that you see and feel in the saline implants.  If you doctor does not agree that gel is better for you, the patient, long term, then find a doctor who does prefer them.  This is definately worth your time and trouble.  They also have a lower rate of rupture and are perfectly safe because they are cohesive

Folsom Plastic Surgeon