I Feel Insecure Because of my Small Breasts. Age 18, 32A; What Can I Do?

Hi , im 18 years old and I feel very insecure because I cant show them of when I wear dresses. My bra size is 32 cup A . My periods are also irregular , so this maybe the reason why ? Also everytime I look at someone else breast an see how their's is bigger I start feeling insecure about myself . What should I do ?

Small breasts can be augmented, but self-esteem is up to you!

+1

Congratulations on taking the time to do research; this is a great first step. Please also read Dr. Peter Johnson's answer--each of us should consider those steps for women who express concerns such as yours BEFORE offering breast implants.

But for the mature, well-adjusted, informed young woman who wants breast implants, this is still the best way to obtain larger breasts. (The rest--attitude, self-esteem, confidence--is up to you!)

But I do want to clear up one misconception that many of my colleagues erroneously promote in their responses (here and in other answers). At age 18 you can certainly have silicone gel breast implants! They are perfectly legal for use in the well-informed woman who requests their use. Use of silicone gel implants in a woman age 18-22 would be considered "off-label" use, just as Botox use for forehead frown lines is perfectly legal, done all the time, but still considered off-label use, since the FDA has not approved Botox for the treatment of forehead lines (yet). But Botox is a safe and FDA-approved pharmaceutical that can be utilized by individual physicians in any way felt appropriate for their informed and consenting patients. The same is true for use of silicone gel implants in a woman under age 22!

Please continue your research and see one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons. Be careful about "cosmetic surgeons" who may have little or no training in plastic surgery and receive their "board certification" from bogus boards or Board other than the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Click on the web reference link below for more information. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.realself.com/article/dr-tholens-comprehensive-guide-breast-augmentation

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

You may be a candidate for breast augmentation.    In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Insecurity about breast size

+1

Breast implants can increase the size of your breasts. Whether they are right for you or not will depend on many factors (and there is no guarantee that they will decrease your insecurity). You should seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to discuss what is involved in having breast implants. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Insecure about breast size

+1

We all experience insecurities about ourselves.  Breast enhancement may address that area of concern for you.  I would recommend a visit to a Board Certified plastic surgeon to learn more about implants.  There are risks and benefits associated with them and learning about them may help you decide if they are right for you.  

I would also encourage you to visit with your gynecologist to explore the reason for your irregular menstrual cycles.

Best wishes

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Feeling insecure because of small breast? Implants may be the answer.

+1

Yes, breast augmentation with saline implants will make your breasts larger. Breast augmentation may produce the increase in self esteem and confidence you desire. Because you are 18 years old, silicone implants are not used. I have perfomed this surgery on young women who were very mature, understood the risks and benefits, had family support for this decision and had carefully arrived at this decision using a thoughtful process of self examination. I would recommend you do the same then speak to a board certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://bondplasticsurgery.com

Montclair Plastic Surgeon

"IMPLANTS" The Best Choice for YOU

+1

Although it is possible that you have a hormone imbalance, it is doubtful that correcting your hormones will grow large enough breast tissue.  

Choosing to have breast implants will be the most effective treatment in giving you a more balanced body.  

In choosing a plastic surgeon, remember to check for Board Certification in Plastic Surgery.  There are too many physicians doing this that have a board certification in another specialty.  This is not a wise choice.  

You will be so much more confident and just imagine how much better clothes will fit and look.

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Small breast insecurity

+1

A relatively full or developed breast can be seen as the emblem of femininity, however there is very much more to being a woman and appreciating your own self worth. If your periods are irregular it is worth a visit with your primary physician or OB. If you are very thin an eating disorder can also hold back development. Breast implants are an 'easy' answer though if you can find your voice and strengths a happy and confident smile will win over a full breast every time.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.