Breast Reduction Size - 42G to Full B / C Cup

Ok ... I am 5'6 1/2 about 200 lbs and wear a 42g (medium to large frame, solid). I am getting a BR in about 3 weeks, but the doctor stated they will take about 800 ccc (700R and 900L) But I think that is not enough and would like to be more of a full b than a full c. What is your recommendation and what do I need to tell my doctor?

Breast Reduction Size

+2

Unfortunately, no one can give you a precise answer to your question.

It is however, very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I have found the use of pictures very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible ( although no system is 100% accurate).

Breast Reduction - 42G to Full B / C Cup

+2

Hi Lizzyd,

There are no absolute rules in this regard - what's important is that you and your surgeon are"on the same page" when it comes to issues such as the size you want to be post-operatively.

It's ABOUT 150-200 cc per bra cup size, but less at the lower end (AA to an A) and more at the upper end.  It's also more for someone who has a broader frame.  So if the G size is accurate, then you can expect to need perhaps a larger reduction what is proposed to get the size you say you want.

However, if you have above-average extra skin, then the cup size may be thrown off a bit and, furthermore, depending on your frame it may not be advisable to go as small as the B/C you're talking about.  Your breasts can be reduced and lifted, but they still need to fit your frame or, at least, you need to know as much about what you'll look like as possible.

Bottom line - it's VERY important that you have a clear discussion with your surgeon.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast reduction amount

+2

There is no hard and fast rule about how much tissue can be removed during breast reduction. I always ask my patients what bra size they would like to be and try to accommodate their request whenever possible. I would suggest talking to your surgeon again and explaining to him what size of breasts you are hoping for. S/he will explain to you if that is not feasible or desirable for any particular reason.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon