5'4", 215lb. Possible to Go From 42H to C or D Cup?

I am a 42 H  I am 5"4 and currently 215 lbs  I am dieting and excersing. I would like to go to a c cup or possible small d cup is that a possibility?

Breast Reduction and Resulting Size?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery;  it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  Also, congratulations on your dieting and exercising program;  it is certainly in your best interest to reach a long-term stable weight ( if possible)  prior to proceeding with the breast reduction procedure.

Unfortunately, no plastic surgeon is able to predict exactly what cup size you will be after breast reduction surgery. As you know, cup sizes vary depending on who makes the bra; this makes discussing cup size an inaccurate way of communicating your goals.  Also, every patient's chest width varies;  if the patient has a wide chest wall it may not be possible to achieve a smaller width  or cup size.

Nevertheless, before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  

Breast Reduction - Possible to Go From 42H to C or D Cup

+1

Hi Huntzacksmom,

It may be possible...but it also may not be advisable.

In general, there is a limit to how small you can go safely.  There are no absolute rules, but you have to leave enough breast tissue to provide an adequate blood supply to the nipple and areola.  Making the breast too small can compromise that blood supply (there are many other factors that can also do so, and many of the problems that occur are without an obvious source or cause, but that could be part of it).  Going too small increases those risks.

The other issue is aesthetic.  Depending on the woman's frame, going too small may just not look right.  The breasts should, ideally, be more proportionate after the surgery, but going too small risks making the patient look equally disproportionate as before, just in the other direction.  So although it may have helped the symptoms, it may contribute to other concerns in the future.  I would probably advise that you go to some kind of a D (small, full, etc)

You should, of course, discuss all of this with a surgeon who can examine you and who can give you advice in person, but that would be my general approach for questions such as this one.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast reduction possibilities when considerably above ideal body weight

+1

It is definitely possible for you to achieve a "C"  or "D" cup even with your body configuration. I would strongly recommend, however, that before you pursue a breast reduction, try to lose as much weight as you can and are striving to before surgery as you will have the opportunity to be able to obtain a more desirable result.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Large breast reduction

+1
Yes it is possible to be safely reduced from H cup to a C cup. Loosing weight first rather than after surgery will give you better cosmetic results. Sincerely, Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast reduction

+1
Breast reduction can significantly reduce breast size. The exact amounts can depend on your body and breast shape. You should loose your weight first

David L. Abramson, MD

Breast reduction

+1

It is certainly possible to reduce your very large breasts to a smaller cup size. It is always best to get closer to your ideal weight. This will help with the recovery and healing.  With very larger breasted women, most can get down in to the "D"ish range, but without a exam I could not say for sure.

+1

Yes but try to lose some weight before the operation to help obtain a better result. And help in your recovery.