Can I Get Breast Liposuction if I've Already Had Breast Reduction Surgery?

Hi. I had a breast reduction surgery about 4 months ago. prior to surgery i was a 32DDD. Now I'm a 32 full D almost a DD. i asked to be a B/C. I think I'm still too large. i have heard about breast Liposuction but will this work after you have already had a reduction? if so will it make my breast saggy? My new breast have a great shape and have been lifted, but are still heavy and large. I just dont think enough was removed. Also i feel my left breast is larger then my right.

Liposuction after breast reduction

+1

Can be very useful if your breasts are very fatty and for relatively small amounts, up to 300 cc of fat or so per side depending upon skin quality and where the excess fat is.  I have used liposuction quite successfully in several patients both as part of the original surgery or if they had requested some small modifications after previous breast reductions in the past.  Talk to your surgeon about it, and listen carefully to the pros and cons of liposuction vs redo vs leaving your breasts as they are.  Good luck.

Liposuction in breast surgery

+1

Liposuction is a very successful technique to further reduce the volume of the breast. The surgeon needs to appropriately treat the regions to create an aesthetic result.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for Breast Reduction

+1

Depending on how glandular or fatty your breast is, liposuction can be a useful adjunct to any reduction procedure. I would wait at least another 2 months to allow the new scar tissue to loosen up. Also be aware that if insurance covered the procedure at first, it will not cover minor revisions.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Web reference: http://www.clevelandplasticsurgery.com/

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction useful for small modifications in brest surgery

+1

small, minor changes in breast size/shape can be accomplished with liposuction, but i suspect what you describe will likely need additional excisional surgery. since it sounds like you had a good experience and result, you should return to your surgeon to discuss the size issue. often we wait till patients are 6 months out before undertaking such a revision.

Web reference: http://www.drbarach.com

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after breast reduction

+1

Yes liposuction  is an option after breast reduction surgery. To determine if your good candidate for this procedure you need to be examined by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. This examination will evaluate the condition of your breast skin and how likely it is to  “bounce back” after liposuction surgery. Sometimes additional skin or tissue excision is necessary to improve symmetry after breast reduction surgery.

At least of theoretical concern is the potential for scarring/calcifications associated with liposuction surgery–this calcification may be an issue evaluating your mammograms in the future.

In regards to size is very important to communicate your  goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm